WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Five In A Row

michelle_72
12-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Does anyone use Five In A Row as part of their education or curriculum. When I was looking to Homeschool my daughter prior to relocating to Canada, I had purchased the Before Five In A Row and FIAR Volume 1. Even though she has commenced Junior Kindergarten, I am going to continue teaching or reading this to her as I think it is a worthwhile and fun program.

hbixler03
12-21-2009, 02:01 PM
I've never used them before. How is the teaching set up? Is it more play, or formal like teaching?

michelle_72
12-23-2009, 08:07 AM
The programs themselves are very informal. Basically the lessons revolve around quality children's fiction books providing lessons, ideas and discussion points based on those books. They explore Social Studies, Language Arts, Art, Math and Science - depending on the type of story. There is a program for young children - 2 to 4, then 4-8 and then 8-12 I think.

WAHMBrenda
12-28-2009, 07:16 AM
What is the 5 in a row program for 8-12 year olds called?

michelle_72
12-28-2009, 08:18 AM
It is called Beyond Five In A Row (Welcome To Five In A Row (http://www.fiveinarow.com/BYONDFIVEINAROW.html)). You can buy the books direct from their website or look out for them on ebay.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1