WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What’s better?

XtremeMOM
03-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Is it better to do sample packets by grating the votives up or melting them into little "molds" like I've seen some people do? Does the candle loose it's smell if you do the melting version? Thanks!

ShiraColish
03-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I never did the molds - but I have found that as I grate the votives, the smell gets even stronger! Works for me!

However, the molds do look pretty neat!

cinnamonmomof3
03-09-2006, 12:49 PM
I have not done the molds yet. They do look pretty, but the crushed votives give off such a nice strong scent and you don't have to use a lot per sample so they might be more cost effective.

~Cinnamon

XtremeMOM
03-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Great, thanks! I'm going to try both just to see what I like better. I'll let you know the results of my "research" smileys/smiley4.gif.

poncesand
03-09-2006, 01:30 PM
I do the molds and they work great for me! I use the mini candy molds and they make about 12 per votive.I can put 2 per small zip lock baggie.As a matter of fact I'm making some now and my family keeps raving about the scents! Just made some Hot apple pie!! Yummy!!

Sandra

Health4Mom
03-09-2006, 01:31 PM
I do the samples with grated votive. The smell is just amazing in powder form. Plus for me it is just less time consuming to grate and go!! lol

Becky, I am sooo glad you love your candles!!! And you customers will too!!

*Bama*
03-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I am a grater too lol, but I do think the molds are cute and would be good for special occassions etc, but wouldn't want to do them all the time.

Best wishes!

ezhobby
03-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Has anyone tried using a coffee grinder to ground up the votives?

Would this work better than a cheese grater (I like my fingers where they are!)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1