WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Welcome Wagon

green2win
03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Leaders,

Has any of you done advertising with Welcome Wagon? It is different than House Warmers since WW doesn't deliever basket of items anymore.

If you do, could you please email me directly? I would like to know about your expereinces and results. A WW lady approached me today, and I am interested---and she is going to purchase two candles from me tomorrow when we meet again!!! My hubby is concerned about the fee up front....this is always something that is in a way.....

Any way, looking forward to hearing from you

lovethiscandle
03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I tried this with another company and it did not work, but I had another product too. I haven't tried this yet with Mia Bella. So if they aren't delivering the items, what is it that they do? What is the price?

ezhobby
03-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I have researched WW in Canada for my personalized chocolate wrapper business - which is popular for weddings. So I looked into the WW Bridal Fair.

WOW- talk about expensive! It was a one-day fair and the table was $300 PLUS they wanted another $1.00 per confirmed bride PLUS we had to donate a door prize!

My bars sell for as little as $2.95. I just don't make enough to justify such a huge expense.

Now I'm not sure what they charge to sponsor theWW package. It's my understanding they contact families that are new in a neighborhood and book an appointment to come to their home. Once there, they give the home owner an information package on the area ie shopping, schools, community hall, churches, and other services. Then they give a package with advertisements from sponsors (advertisers), must of whom offer some kind of a discount or coupon as incentive to visit their business or place an order.

It can be costly, expecially when there is no guarantee of any return.

Blessings ...

green2win
03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
What they do is to have your business listed in their booklet that delievered to New home owners---that is their targeted market: people who are not anyone's customers yet since they are new to the area, and looking for something. The booklet offers discounts. YOu also receive a mailing list of the new home owners, and WW can do direct mail for you. YOur business also listed on realtor.com

It does get pricy....it is about 305.00 per month in my area with what I want to do, and I can see why the price is what it is.

Any feedback??

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1