WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fears

Debbie70
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
So, I have really big fear of talking to people, but i have finally made up my mind and today i stepped out of the box and went to a doctor's office and a dentist's office and dropped off catalogs.

I was nervous as heck but i felt so good after i left that i finally did it. So tomorrow i am doing two more business offices, and i am going to make a goal of doing at least two per day.

D

RANR56
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Is this your first business?

Like you said, you need to step out of your comfort zone to be able to talk to people. Dont bombard people with thinking SELL SELL SELL, try and get a conversation going before you announce what you do. Always have business cards in hand to give to people.

avoight
11-23-2009, 05:45 PM
So, I have really big fear of talking to people, but i have finally made up my mind and today i stepped out of the box and went to a doctor's office and a dentist's office and dropped off catalogs.

I was nervous as heck but i felt so good after i left that i finally did it. So tomorrow i am doing two more business offices, and i am going to make a goal of doing at least two per day.

D

Good Job Debbie!
This is 90% of everyone in direct sales fear, after you do it a few times you will be a pro! I MADE myself do it a few times with my old business about 4 years ago... now its just an everyday thing. Keep up the great work!

kainsley\
11-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Good for you! This is definitely one of my weaknesses.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1