WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Questions for a Friend

MommyTo2Girls
11-23-2009, 12:56 AM
I have a friend interested in joining so I told her I would post here and ask the questions she had.

Is there any way to earn a kit?

That is really the only question she has. She has talked to a few reps and one told her that she would take the first $100 in sales from the party and buy her the kit but then changed it to $350 in sales.

The other one said that she would need to get $500 and sales and then sign up and scentsy would reimburse her. But the only thing with that is that she doesn't have the $100 to begin with, that's why she was wanting to earn her kit.

So I told her I would ask around here and see what answers I get :) If you guys wouldn't mind answering that is.
Thanks so much for your time

lrstith
11-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Hello! Well...I haven't done this yet but I did have a person to ask me how I could help them the other day. I told her that if she wanted to join I would give her a basket kit to take up orders and if she could get $500.00 in orders I would take the orders myself and turn them in and then pay for her to join up...that way i would get my money back the following month on my commission check. I hope this makes sense to you.
Maybe someone else can give you some advice too. Goodluck!!

jessicaj
11-23-2009, 05:43 AM
To the best of my knowledge, Scensty won't "reimburse" her when she sells any amount.

I think Renee has a nice idea, but did you just sign up yourself? Do you have basket testers yet??

Maybe you can offer for her to HOST... Then you can enter the party under YOU, pay for her to sign, and use your comission from the party to pay yourself back? Just another thought.

You will find a way if this is something she really wants to do... just think outside the box. Good luck!

successsweet
11-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Careful about "incentives to join" compliance is very strict about that.
I found that out the hard way.

lrstith
11-23-2009, 07:07 AM
I am sorry if I said something wrong in my previous post but I heard a lady on a training call the other day say that she does offer the incentive I was talking about. It is best if you check with Scentsy about anything that you are thinking about doing to make sure it is ok. I am going to recheck what I said and make sure before I do it myself.
Thanks for giving the heads up on the incentives.

kainsley\
11-23-2009, 06:57 PM
What I tell people in this situation is to put the kit on a credit card, then go sell, sell, sell. By the time your credit card bill comes, you should have plenty of money from your commission check to cover the kit plus some other expenses. :)

ThinkBig22
11-23-2009, 06:59 PM
If she doesn't have the $100 to join, this is probably not for her...

lrstith
11-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Hello! Well...I haven't done this yet but I did have a person to ask me how I could help them the other day. I told her that if she wanted to join I would give her a basket kit to take up orders and if she could get $500.00 in orders I would take the orders myself and turn them in and then pay for her to join up...that way i would get my money back the following month on my commission check. I hope this makes sense to you.
Maybe someone else can give you some advice too. Goodluck!!

Sorry... I did check on this and this is not something that needs to be done. I am going to continue doing it the way I do...seems like it really works well. I am sorry if I mislead anyone.
What I do is I send someone a basket tester kit and tell them that if they get $500.00 in sales then they can sign up and put those orders in themselves and that way they are automatically active and qualify for the Shooting Star award! Plus...they will get their money back as soon as they get their first check.

skcandles
11-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Sorry... I did check on this and this is not something that needs to be done. I am going to continue doing it the way I do...seems like it really works well. I am sorry if I mislead anyone.
What I do is I send someone a basket tester kit and tell them that if they get $500.00 in sales then they can sign up and put those orders in themselves and that way they are automatically active and qualify for the Shooting Star award! Plus...they will get their money back as soon as they get their first check.

I agree.. make her work. This is definitely a great way to do it. Let her work and earn her kit. And you're right, this is a win win right away.. she has the money to sign, she has sales right away, and earns whatever incentives are available. :)

I'm not sure why any company wouldn't agree to this, as the person sponsoring hasn't given anything, other than the basket, which I would think would need to be returned? The person collecting the orders is paying for her kit

avoight
11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
I have a friend interested in joining so I told her I would post here and ask the questions she had.

Is there any way to earn a kit?

That is really the only question she has. She has talked to a few reps and one told her that she would take the first $100 in sales from the party and buy her the kit but then changed it to $350 in sales.

The other one said that she would need to get $500 and sales and then sign up and scentsy would reimburse her. But the only thing with that is that she doesn't have the $100 to begin with, that's why she was wanting to earn her kit.

So I told her I would ask around here and see what answers I get :) If you guys wouldn't mind answering that is.
Thanks so much for your time

Hey! How are you? I talked to you before about joining the jewelry biz! :) I think the poster above has the BEST answer... I wish I was offered a basket party then able to sign up and put the orders in and receive my money back on my commission check. My 2nd day I had close to $500 in orders from Customers online, so your friend could actually earn MUCH more then the $100 within a very short amount of time... and now is the time being its Christmas time!!! Theres no way of getting around actually paying the $99.00 up front to start as our company requires any new Consultant signing up to pay for her kit with her own credit card/check card. And we cannot offer any sign on incentives just to be fair to all new Consultants! This is a GOOD thing for your friend I have sponsored over 200 ladies since starting direct sales in 2004 and 75% of the Consultants who got there kit free didn't accomplishsh anything and pretty much dropped off the face of the earth, when you don't put some investment into your business theres really nothing to lose or to work for, so chances are your friend will be more successful when she works to collect $500 in orders and puts forth the $99 (she will get it back on her monthly check if she collects the $500)

Good Luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1