WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Considering Joining

HippieMama
11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Hello everyone! Life is crazy around here, but I'm considering adding one more thing to the mix - becoming a consultant with Scentsy. I love the products and have a few warmers going in the house right now.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has time to answer today.

Those of you with a team - have your found most of your team members locally or through online connections?

Those of you who do expos and other cash and carry events - do you keep very much in inventory or just the bestsellers and place orders for the rest?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I look forward to chatting with all of you more.

Andrea

jessicaj
11-10-2009, 10:01 AM
I am pming u!! :D

imamomagain
11-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Hello Andrea and welcome!
I have a good mix of online (out of state) and local consultants on my team.
I do lots of events with little to no inventory. People will order or book if they want it bad enough. People are used to ordering product so it hasn't been a problem for me.
Scentsy is a fantastic product and company to represent! :)

successsweet
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Sent a PM

Some answers

Those of you with a team - have your found most of your team members locally or through online connections?

The team members have been located both locally and leads, online social networking as well as parties and just the popularity of Scentsy.

Scentsy is a company that helps its consultants in so many ways I was surprised the way they think outside the box in marketing, parties etc.
Thre online system is excellent with a party manager online that assists both you and the hostess.

Those of you who do expos and other cash and carry events - do you keep very much in inventory or just the bestsellers and place orders for the rest?

While it is good to have inventory to sell cash and carry as it is an implulse buy be sure to have plenty of scent samples, a coffee pen and encourage the customers to sample the scents, . Yes especially now with Christmas the "best sellers" that are most impressive are the holiday collection,BUT one of the major reasons to mainly place orders is because it will boost your orders and meet quotas and allow you to get a larger commission, so there's 2 ways to look at this.

Hope that helped

Terri

jessicaj
11-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi Andrea!
I think we can all relate to having CRAZY lives! I think I can also speak for all of the consultants here when I say we are so excited that you are considering joining our Scensty family!

To answer your questions...
Those of you with a team - have your found most of your team members locally or through online connections? I have found a few of my team members through online avenues, but honestly MOST of my success in recruiting has been in SHARING Scensty with people that I run into everyday... running errands, friends that live near and far ect. I'm sure other consultants can attest to that.

Those of you who do expos and other cash and carry events - do you keep very much in inventory or just the bestsellers and place orders for the rest? I have done a few expo type events. Honestly, I don't have the financial resources to have a ton of inventory on hand all of the time. I have had decent success offering what I DO have and placing orders for the rest. I always offer free shipping to people who are willing to place orders. I also make the extra effort to personally deliver these orders. It helps you make a stronger connection with the customers (always a great thing)!

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I look forward to chatting with all of you more.

Andrea

Im sure we all look forward to visiting with you more about Scensty and the wonderful opportunities that it offers!

HippieMama
11-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I'm sure I'll have more questions. Good to find an active forum that I can ask them in.

Andrea

jessicaj
11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Like I said in my pm... We all LOVE sharing Scensty! and I know we are all eager to answer all of your questions!

amandameredith
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I just started selling Scentsy too (september) I am doing a fair on the 20th and 21st, I didn't buy a lot of stock I got most of them by combining orders, I have 10 warmers that I will bring to the fairs and about 60 bars. I don't have a team yet but I haven't really put much into recruiting because I live in a town of 200 people so I make more just selling it myself. I have a couple ads up for other areas though. I have heard that you do better at fairs if you actually have stock. I will post on here and let you know how much I sell from orders.

You will Love selling Scentsy, it's alot of fun and is so easy to sell!

HippieMama
11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd love to hear how the fair goes for you. :)

jessicaj
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi Amanda!
10 warmers and 60 bars is pretty good to me for just starting out! Good for you! Keep up the great work!
And me too! Please let us know how the fair goes!

HippieMama
11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I read something about how if you have $500 in your first 15 days that you can get a set of 10 warmers at a bigger discount. I was considering doing that to make sure I had a few on hand to sell cash and carry.

Andrea

jessicaj
11-10-2009, 11:35 AM
The Shooting Star Award is what that is called. It is a great way to add to inventory and at a great discount! The other cool thing about it is purchasing them will also go toward your personal retail sales!

LorettaA
11-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Hello everyone! Life is crazy around here, but I'm considering adding one more thing to the mix - becoming a consultant with Scentsy. I love the products and have a few warmers going in the house right now.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has time to answer today.

Andrea

I have found most of my team members online. I have a few local direct team members and they have expanded locally.

When I do a cash & carry event the amount of inventory I take depends on how much traffic I think will be at the show. In the beginning I used just my kit. It was all I could afford. I did have people place orders. I always have instances where I don't have the scent that someone wants no matter how well stocked I think I am. ;)

Hope you decide to join us. Scentsy is a great company.

Rachelc
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I just had to introduce myself! My names is Rachel and I am a new consultant in vancouver wa...I am loving scentsy. I have made scentsy my hobby and a way to get out of the house. All my friends love scentsy. I love doing home shows the best. The whole basket sells itself. So amazing how well it has taken off. I also love the feeling of knowing I helped someone love being home again!!!!. The smells are so wonderful.;) I am always looking for any interesting ways to advertise does anyone have any input? I am considering buying a add on face book.:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1