WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tried to make sale!

earthlydream
03-06-2006, 03:06 PM
I went to a accupuncture small business & showed the candles today. Although he really liked them he said he couldn't justify spending that much money on my candles when he could just get lots of cheap ones since he burned them frequently.

I did tell him he could get the candles for wholesale prices & they last alot longer & burn clean, but he didn't want to.

Did I not qualify this customer first or is there alot of cheapos out there?

Doreen

*Bama*
03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Remember SW, SW, SW, N :)

Some Will, Some Won't, SO What, NEXT!!! :) Not everyone is going to go for them....

Maybe go back and offer to let him buy 1 jar at wholesale to try out, you didn't say HE didn't burn them all, just not often. Well maybe he will burn in it in the office/store and people will go WOW that smells GREAT! What is that??? Then he will be more on board. What's the worst that could happen? He say's no thank you.

Best wishes!!

happybrats3
03-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Why not give a free votive and holder, or maybe two? These are minimal cost to us. Or the Associate price for a jar is good. I usually don't give wholesale prices. (very rarely)

Give with a brochure of course and maybe a page of testimonials.

smileys/smiley4.gif

green2win
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
One thing to consider is are your attention ontrying to SELL him your candle? or your attention is on finding out what he wants/needs?If he is someone who doesen't really care about the quality and performance of the candles, it doesn't matter what you said. It is not what you said that he would buy from you. Sure you can leave him or offer him a free votive to test out and he may find out our candles are better than others. But if you are trying hard to sell someone something, it usually doesn't work---I do this all the time. And when I am focusing on the customers, not me have to sell this one, I get to produce result without effort!!

Hope this help

earthlydream
03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I did give him a free votive Coconut Macaroon for him to try. I told him to make sure he burned it in a votive holder. He said coconut was a favorite of his.

I just think some people don't care about quality. I told him I used to buy cheap candles too because I burned so many until I tried Mia Bella & now won't ever use cheap candles again.

He even had a Yankee candle that somebody gave him as a gift. He probably wouldn't have bought that himself either.

Does anybody have a technique for qualifying customers so you don't waste time?

lovethiscandle
03-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Does anybody have a technique for qualifying customers so you don't waste time?

I make it a rule to neverdiscriminate anyone - people whom I felt never would be interested and the first ones to say " I would love to put those in my daughter's shop, or I love candles" All ages, men, women, candle lovers, not so candle lovers. You just never know. (even the ones whotold me they justbought a ton at the dollar store - follow up with them and ask how they are working for themsmileys/smiley2.gif!)

As Frances said: some will and some won't but don't stop asking because that acupunturist may be in a conversation with someone else looking for quality candlessmileys/smiley1.gif

earthlydream
03-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Yes that's true!

Whenever we show the candles to someone it leaves it open to more people who come in contact with that person to experience the candles. That's why I gave him a votive to try, someone else may smell it & want one or he may change his mind or want some as special gifts.

Doreen

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1