WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : it’s amazing

SandyMilton
03-05-2006, 04:31 PM
It's amazing how drastically hot and cold flea markets can be. I knew this going in but it cracks me up all the same. On Saturday, I had a very slow day - but still had a few interested enough to inquire if I am there every weekend and take a brochure and a business card.

Today, I had a blast! I sold a bunch, many took brochures and business cards and I had two serious inquiries about working the business. One lady is preparing to open her own store in the panhandle here in Florida, another couple was looking for something the husband could do and they thought this was perfect - in addition to that, they thought it would be perfect for their daughter as well! All serious inquiries left with a CD to view - this is definitely encouraging.

It just goes to show you that flea markets run cold and hot in the same weekend. A success to me is when the booth pays for itself (and it has the last two weekends), the product is sold with profit made over (ditto both weekends), and brochures are out and about! YEA! This is awesome!!

southernbg
03-05-2006, 04:34 PM
smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gif

That is awesome Sandy! I am considering flea markets and love the feedback I am hearing from you. Keep yo the wonderful work! You are such an angel. smileys/smiley9.gif

Many Blessings,

Natalie

green2win
03-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Sandy,

How much do you pay for your booth at the fleat market? There is one near where I live (like in 5 miles radius). I thought about doing it, but thoughtmost of people go there for "cheap deal", and I may not be able to sell our candles at a descent price.

christina4733
03-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi Sandy, thats great to hear smileys/smiley1.gif

Did you take some pictures of your booth ? I'd like to see how you set it up and what type of signs you used. I'm also planning to do this soon so any ideas would be great !!! smileys/smiley2.gif

SandyMilton
03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I pay $33 for the weekend - my table is 8' long (booth space is 10'). Come prepared with a nice assortment of votives - those are always good sellers for me - I chose to sell mine as "singles" and funny enough nobody requested a deal if I sold them in larger groups.

From what I've heard from those with flea market experience - is to be consistant. Be there as many weekends as you can and make your presense known. I can understand that. I remember going there to buy a specific oil scent because I couldn't find it anywhere else - and although I was never sure where he was located, I knew the booth by the look of the set up.

Another thing, those I've talked to that show our products at booths also have other items as well. This would be perfect for those that make small gift baskets using the candles, votive roses, etc. I've been considering getting some of those wholesale votive holders - especially those that are "snug fitting" as they should be for our votives.

All in all, I had fun and look forward to doing more! smileys/smiley17.gif

SandyMilton
03-05-2006, 05:28 PM
The following pictures are not the best quality - I took them with my cell phone. This was last weekend, my first one. I don't have a banner as of yet - but that will be one of the things I am working on. I had a skirt on my table today so it looked a little better than last timesmileys/smiley1.gif

http://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//1_edited.jpg

http://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//2_edited.jpg

http://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//3_edited.jpg

http://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//4_edited.jpg

Health4Mom
03-05-2006, 05:44 PM
That looks great Sandy! I would also set up a little display to feature the COTM with associated accessores. I think a banner will really help your visibility too!!

I am so glad you are having success and having fun!! Definately keep us posted of future successes!!

YAY for Sandy!! smileys/smiley2.gif

green2win
03-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Wow, it looks great!! What are those yellow paper that you had in front of your votives?

SandyMilton
03-05-2006, 05:54 PM
I agree totally about the banner - and a display on the COTM is a great idea. I'm considering adding a second table when I have more votive selection so I could do that.

The yellow papers were printed things about fundraisers. I had several people graze over those although none inquired. It doesn't mean that they won't remember if the need arises smileys/smiley2.gif

christina4733
03-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the pictures Sandy. It looks great. Good luck to you. I can't wait to do mine smileys/smiley2.gif

SandyMilton
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
you are going to do great Christina!!

*Bama*
03-05-2006, 06:55 PM
WHOOHOO Sandy! You go girl!!!smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gif Keep it up!!

southernbg
03-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi Sandy,

Thank so much for the pictures. It is nice to have a visual of what you are doing.

Many Blessings,

Natalie

delawarelites
03-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Congrats to Sandy! Your dedication & consistancy will payoff! smileys/smiley32.gif

You've inspired me to contact a local fire hall where they hold a flea market monthly. I will have to go check it out first to see what kinds of products/prices are there. There are always lots of cars in parking lot!

Have you noticed any other candle dist/makers at your flea market? When I did a craft show a few months ago, it seems everyone was buying the cheaply priced home made soy candlessmileys/smiley5.gif.

soycandles4tam
03-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Congrats to you Sandy! We are all happy for you and wish you continued success.
Tammy

SandyMilton
03-06-2006, 05:00 AM
Penny, yes there's another candle maker there - one that makes things like cake and cinnamon bun shaped candles (I heard about her, but didn't get a chance to visit her table), and there's a gel candle maker there. To my knowledge there seems to be a pretty good split in the candle booths - at this time anyway lol.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

happymommy
03-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Sandy,

Thanks so much for taking us all along on your flea market learning
adventure! The info you provide is so useful to us all. Thanks again!

Jennifer

Adriel's Mom
03-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh i was just telling my husband about doing one, i'm going to look up some info so i can do a flea/craft fairs. Thanks for the pictures and the info!!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1