WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

cutebrunette27
03-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Hello all,

I was doing some research on soy vs. paraffin candles. I found this information on the site www.candles.org (http://www.candles.org)- the National Candle Association. I believe this would bea reputable source of information. I am not saying "you are wrong and I am right" but make sure that you give your customers ALL of the information rather than saying "you should buy soy candles BECAUSE paraffin candles are toxic". Here is the info in question from the NCA's FAQ's:

<H2 ="q">Is paraffin wax toxic? </H2>
No. Paraffin wax is non-toxic. In fact, paraffin is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in food, cosmetics, and medical applications. Food-grade paraffin is commonly used for manufacturing candles.
<H2 ="q">Is candle soot harmful? </H2>
No. The minuscule amount of soot produced by a candle is the natural byproduct of incomplete combustion. Candle soot is composed primarily of elemental carbon particles, and is similar to the soot given off by kitchen toasters and cooking oils. These everyday household sources of soot are not considered a health concern, and are chemically different from the soot formed by the burning of diesel fuel, coal, gasoline, etc.
<H2 ="q">Are certain candle waxes better than others? </H2>
No. All types of candle waxes perform well, and will burn cleanly and safely when they are of high quality. U.S. candle manufacturers select waxes or blends of waxes based on their suitability for specific types of candles or formulation profiles, as well as their own candle-making preferences.
See also:
<H2 ="q">What causes a candle to smoke, and what can I do to correct it? </H2>
A well-made candle will create virtually no smoke when burning properly. However, if the wick becomes too long, or an air current disturbs the flame's teardrop shape, small amounts of unburned carbon particles (soot) will escape from the flame as a visible wisp of smoke. Any candle will soot if the flame is disturbed.

To avoid this, always trim the wick to ľ inch before every use and be sure to place candles away from drafts, vents or air currents. If a candle continually flickers or smokes, it is not burning properly and should be extinguished. Allow the candle to cool, trim the wick, make sure the area is draft free, then re-light.
<H2 ="q">Are candles made with "natural" ingredients or essential oils safer? </H2>
A natural ingredient, as opposed to a manufactured or synthesized ingredient, is not necessarily any safer. In fact, scores of natural ingredients are known to be extremely toxic to humans in very small amounts. NCA members are committed to manufacturing candles that use ingredients known to be safe and approved for use in candles, whether "natural" or synthesized.
<H2 ="q">Why do some candles have metal-core wicks? </H2>
Metal-core wicks are sometimes used in container candles and votives to keep the wick upright when the surrounding wax liquefies during burning. Today's metal-core wicks are made with either zinc or tin. Scientific studies have repeatedly shown both zinc- and tin-core wicks to be safe and non-toxic.
See also- on candles.org- Elements of a candle:
All waxes are primarily hydrocarbons, whether the wax is of animal, vegetable, or petroleum origin. The chemical composition of all waxes used for candle-making is similar.
No specific type of wax or wax blend is considered "best" for candlemaking. All candle waxes - when provided in high-quality format - have been shown to burn cleanly and safely.
No candle wax has ever been shown to be toxic or harmful to human health.
There is no such thing as a soot-free wax. All organic compounds when burned will emit some carbon (soot) due to incomplete combustion. Sooting is primarily a factor of wick length and disturbance of the flame's steady teardrop shape.
Edited by: cutebrunette27

SandyMilton
03-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I do recall reading the information on that website some time ago. Thank you for the link!

Mia Bella's are made with an all-natural vegetable based wax that may include some soy, beeswax, and the like,but we are not a pure soy candle. I don't worry about comparisons in the wax - but what I look at is candle performance, quality and scent throw.

I have customers that cannot burn regular candles due to breathing problems, however they can burnone of ours. This is not to say that there isn't a paraffin candle out there that they could also burn, or another natural wax candle for that matter. I just know what my customers tell me from their experience (and me with my experience)with a Mia Bella candle. They are a fabulous product and I am thrilled to be a part of this wonderful company smileys/smiley17.gif

Health4Mom
03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I agree Sandy, I have NEVER burned a candle that burms completely and evenly like our candle!! and that also has such an awesome scent throw too!

I would dare to say that all natural wax has to be better than man made wax. And I dont care what "X" brand candle i have burned, I have ALWAYS had black soot!! And i always trim the wicks!

And who is prining this article? Why, its the national candle association....I would assume they are offering a biased opinion since they have THEIR interest at hand!!

I am sticking with my Mia Bellas!!!! smileys/smiley32.gif

NOTHING like them on the Planet!!! smileys/smiley20.gif

cinnamonmomof3
03-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Having been a candle junkie for all my adult life I can honestly say our candles out perform any other candle that I have burned. I actually joined this company last year but quit because I was scared of not being able to afford the Candle of the Month, but guess what?! When I tried going back to the other store brands I noticed a HUGE difference <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
After I quit I burned a competitorís soy candle, but the wick had a zinc core and it produced a lot of soot. Then I was burning a candle from Wal-Mart and I noticed it did not burn clean at all! It produced a lot of soot and left a bunch of wax on the side of the candle. I tried a popular a paraffin brand candle and while it did burn better than Wal-Marts candles it just did not smell as good or burn, as well as the Mia Bella candles that I had burned!! I was tired of poor quality candles and knew I had to come back to Mia Bellaís Cleaner Burning Gourmet candles!!<O:P></O:P>
I donít say our candles are better because they are not paraffin; instead I focus on our candles being better because of the high quality of our wax blend and 100% cotton wick. <O:P></O:P>
cutebrunette27<O:P></O:P>
Is there a reason why you posted this in all 3 of the candle companiesí folders here on Wahm.com? And your other postsare also supporting paraffin wax? Do you sell or work for a candle company? Are you looking to? Or just trying to stir something up? Please understand Iím not trying to be mean, but this folder is for Mia Bella reps to offer support to one other and for others to ask about our company. smileys/smiley1.gif<O:P></O:P>Edited by: cinnamonmomof3

Lori Moreno
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Being involved in the health industry for several years, personally I would NEVER burn anything other than a Scent-Sational Mia Bella at this point. Especially when my family and loved ones are involved...

period...

Make your own assumptions from ALL of the information available.

But remember, you are burning items in enclosed homes. If there is something BLACK coming from the candles, um.....smileys/smiley5.gif

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley17.gif

Lawyer NOW HAPPY "ON FIRE" MIA BELLA TEAM BUILDERsmileys/smiley32.gif

happymommy
03-06-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't promote our candles by saying that paraffin candles are toxic.
I simply and truthfully, state they are the cleanest, best burning, and
strongest smelling candle I've ever found. I've sold &amp; used candles
in my practice for many years, and I've only carried high quality
candles. I've used all soy, all paraffin, and paraffin/soy blends.
Although the ones I carried were the lowest sooting ones I had seen up
to that point, they still left my walls and furniture with a black
residue. This is way TMI, but I've even come home from work, gone to
blow my nose, and yes, there was black stuff IN MY NOSE. Toxic, or
not...eeewwww! I'm not here to say paraffin or paraffin blends are bad,
but as someone who's dealt with candles for a long time, I don't need
to say bad things about paraffin to sell our candles. I just focus on
the quality and cleanliness of ours. Everyone is different in what they
want, and I personally love our Clean Burning Natural Mia Bella!

Jennifer

ezhobby
03-06-2006, 05:22 PM
I haven't join Mia Bella just yet (waiting for some funds to come through), but I have to say there is a HUGE difference from quality candles to the stuff anyone can pick-up at Wall-Mart.

The scent in cheap candles is noticeable when they are new and unlit. But lighting them doesn't release any fragrance. I may as well light an unscented candle.

The votive sample I received from my sponsor (white chocolate cappucino - YUM) scented the entire familyroom/kitchen area beautifully when lit. From one little votive! And just one lasted about 16 hours. Unbelievable.

THAT is why I am joining this business. Perhaps parafin isn't toxic but the quality of the Mia Bellas stands out.

Blessings

Vicki

tamralynn
03-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I was eating a chocolate truffle yesterday from Dove (oh how I hate Easter). Anyways, I mentioned to my daughter that chocolate is like candles. You can buy the cheap chocolate, especially at this time of year - it looks like chocolate, smells a bit like chocolate but when you bite into it, it doesn't taste like real chocolate should taste. The same goes for candles. You can see a candle at the dollar store and think it is just like any other candle, but when you get home and burn it - it doesn't smell like a candle should.

There are good candles, there are bad candles and then there are awesome candles - just like there is chocolate. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what they are made of, I have burned good soy candles and I have burned bad soy candles. I have also burned bad parrafin candles and have burned awesome candles (like Bittersweet's). It all depends on the quality of the ingredients that are in the candles - just like chocolate.

Rudie0730
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Well said Tamra. Now I want chocolate. I'm going to order the chocolate cadle. Yummy

Lori Moreno
03-09-2006, 08:05 AM
I totally agree that it depends on theQUALITY of what's in the candles. To me, Quality means health.smileys/smiley17.gif

In light of the recent news regarding Dana Reeve, I think that we should be SO CAREFUL of what we burn and what's in our family's enviroment, especially with closed windows throughout the winter.

CNN was talking about the fact that lung cancer is rising in WOMEN who have never smoked. They were discussing the fact that radon is apparently one of the factors.

Personally, I think that we shouldthoroughly investigate and seriously think through what we use and burn in our homes with our loved ones.

For me, there is just way too much out there, that is not written by or supported by candle companies, about possibly harmful ingredients in many household products, that could be very health damaging. The long term consequences are what I'm concerned with more than light and casual statements.

Great health rules. smileys/smiley32.gif

It must makes SCENTS!

Have a Healthy Friday!

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

CBBBShannon
03-10-2006, 08:44 AM
OK, I am not a Mia Bella rep., but anything that says "paraffin" I stay away from. The FDA may approve of it, but they also approved of manypharmaceutical drugs that are now taken off the market because they caused massive medical risks and are now apart of class action lawsuits.

Here is more info. on parrafin wax, although it talks about how it affects skin, I wouldthink it can't be any better to breathe it in:

Paraffin Wax is mineral oil wax. See Mineral Oil (http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Ltoxiccosmetics.htm#39).

Mineral Oil: Liquidum paraffinum (also known as posh mineral oil!) ∑ Paraffin oil ∑ Paraffin wax ∑ Petrolatum. Petroleum by-product that coats the skin like plastic, clogging the pores. Interferes with skin's ability to eliminate toxins, promoting acne and other disorders. Slows down skin function and cell development, resulting in premature aging. Used in many products (baby oil is 100% mineral oil.) Any mineral oil derivative can be contaminated with cancer causing PAH's (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons).Edited by: CBBBShannon

happymommy
03-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Wow...Thank you for this eye-opening information.

Health4Mom
03-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks so much! Yes, paraffin is a by product of Petroleum. I dont want burning petroleum in my house. I am sure there are products we use everyday that can cause helath problems that we are not aware of yet, but if i know I can prevent at least one from getting in my families lungs,

then that is for me!!!!!! smileys/smiley2.gif

CBBBShannon
03-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Jennifer--right on. Who lights an oil field on fire and then sits by to breathe in the fumes? smileys/smiley36.gif

Health4Mom
03-10-2006, 10:01 AM
I guess the people who OWN the oil fields!!!

lol smileys/smiley36.gif

Arcadia27
03-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi,

I have burned candles from different companies. Mia Bella, Bittersweet, White Lily and Yankee Candle. Mia Bella's have the strongest scent throw, and they do burn evenly. I like the fact that they have cotton wicks because the candles with the zinc core wicks give off soot and smoke when I extinguish them. The soy candle wax is easier to clean up than paraffin. It is next to impossible to get paraffin wax off the counter! smileys/smiley24.gif

I don't know if paraffin wax is toxic or not but I don't really care, I would rather burn soy candles because of the reasons I mentioned- and Mia Bella has some great scents! I LOVE Vanilla Cookie!!!smileys/smiley14.gif

Just my two cents..

ezhobby
03-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Excellent information Shannon. Thanks for sharing!

kristinsmom
03-12-2006, 10:29 AM
I think everyone needs to think about not only the candles they are burning, but cleaning products, over-the-counter meds, etc, that they are using everyday in their household. Personally I believe all of these contribute to cancer and disease more than the goverment will ever admit. I got to thinking also, has anyone used a paraffin bath on hands, feet, etc? They feel wonderful, but if there is such a concern about burning paraffin candles, then what about putting it on your skin and then the oil is absorbed into your skin---see this is what goes through my head at 3am!!! Anyway, just some things I've been thinking about in this "debate". Oh, and don't forget that Dana Reeve spent a lot of time singing in bars and was exposed to second-hand smoke, which is the number one lung cancer cause in non-smokers. So, I guess you just have to burn what you feel comfortable with. My daughter and I both suffer from asthma and allergies and I burn many candles everyday--Bittersweet, Mia Bella (yep, I have a couple of those around smileys/smiley2.gif), but rarely, if ever, do I burn a cheap Wal-Mart candle or such. I think we just have to do our research and use common sense.

Happy (and healthy)candle burning and selling!

Laura

earthlydream
03-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I would rather burn natural wax candles & use natural products & eat natural food. It's scary how we have developed into a highly unnatural way of living.

CBBBShannon
03-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Igot to thinking also, has anyone used a paraffin bath on hands, feet, etc? They feel wonderful, but if there is such a concern about burning paraffin candles, then what about putting it on your skin and then the oil is absorbed into your skin---see this is what goes through my head at 3am!!! Anyway, just some things I've been thinking about in this "debate".

Laura, I am a Country Bunny rep and I say "Just say no to paraffin in any cosmetic product!" lol. That's why I only use CB bath &amp; body products--no mineral oil, petroleum or paraffin. Just see my post way above in here...

Lori Moreno
03-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Shannon!smileys/smiley4.gif

I totally agree!

I feel good about distributing products I feel will not endanger people's health just to make money. My conscience is clear.

We try to buy healthy products in every area of our lives.

If there are options available in the marketplace, why not go for and represent the healthier one?

After over two scent-sational years of building a wonderful business with Mia Bella, I love this company and the products.

I've heard the most incredible testimonials about customers and distributors using our products.

Have a Wonderful and HEALTHY Day Everyone!smileys/smiley32.gif

Keep the Fire Going!smileys/smiley16.gif

kELLYATHOME74
03-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I am going to also have to say I spend plenty of money on candles all the time. And I buy good candles I do not buy by price!Ive learned that when I purchased a cheap candle that turned my walls BLACK!I buy for the name and the product quality only now. But of all the candles I have ever burned I have never seen a candle burn so evenly and so easily cleaned out of the glass holder....I didnt need to put it in the freezer ect. to freeze the leftover wax in glass off. I simply burnt the candle and rinsed the glass holder...VERY SIMPLE!

I am totally thrilled with this Company...I do plan on becoming a part of Mia Bella once I get TOHE up and running!

kELLYATHOME74
03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Soy vs Paraffin it doesn't matter! All that matters is Mia Bella is a great candle!smileys/smiley2.gif cutebrunette27 which candle company do you like????
Edited by: kELLYATHOME74

kristinsmom
03-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I've been doing a lot of research today about paraffin and the petroleum in it and never realized the many uses of non-feul petroleum--here are a few from the site eia.doe.gov

*solvents used in paint, laquers, and printing inks
*lubricating oils for machinery
*PETROLATUM or paraffin wax used in candy making, candles,packaging, matches and polishes
*petrolatum jelly used for cosmetics
*asphalt
*synthetic rubber and many more

Basically it's everywhere and used for everything. Chances are, if you aren't buring a paraffin candle, you are breathing it when you step outside, putting it on your skin, or are eating it. Yum yum!

UNcommonScents
03-12-2006, 01:11 PM
You are SO right, Kelly!

I used to LOVE burning scented candles, and when I would work late at
night
in my office, I had several of them burning each night beside me. When I
became pregnant with my daughter, we converted my office into her
nursery. When we were painting, I noticed these "shadows" on the
ceiling. I
couldn't figure out WHERE these shadows were coming from- there was
nothing in the room to cast shadows... Then it hit me- this was the area
of
the room where I burned my candles.. It was the SOOT from the candles..
UGH!!! smileys/smiley11.gif

I decided at that moment that I wouldn't burn candles anymore because I
didn't want to expose my daughter to that- whatever was creating the
soot that we couldn't scrub off the ceiling couldn't be safe to breathe! So
although I missed by nightly working by candle light, I sucked it up and
switched to melts.

When I found Mia Bella, I was SOOOO excited! Could it really be true?
Could I actually go back to burning candles with a clear conscious and
clean walls and lungs? YUP!smileys/smiley4.gif

Thanks to Scent-Sations and the soot-free veggie candles, I am back to
working by candle light. And now I'm making great money with these
awesome candles, too! THANKS SCENT-SATIONS! smileys/smiley32.gif

Lori Moreno
03-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Ms. Bittersweet Candles,

What a list!

YIKESsmileys/smiley11.gif

Definitely GREAT reasons why NOT to burn paraffin if there is a better choice!

Thank you!smileys/smiley32.gif

UNcommonScents
03-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Scary thoughts, to know that the gray sludge they scrape out of the bottom
of the petroleum processing bins is the stuff they use to make all of those
things we encounter in our daily lives if we're not careful, isn't it?

Thank goodness we have safer, healthier options (and can support WAHM
moms, too!) Arbonne for skin care, Country Bunny for yummy lotions and
bath products, and Mia Bella for delicious toxin-free candles!

Kristins Mom-- If you are considering making the switch to Mia Bella soy/
Veggie/Beeswax blend candles for a cleaner, toxin-free burn, greater scent
selection and a higher earning potential, be sure to talk with any or all of us
here in the Mia Bella forum! We're a friendly bunch. smileys/smiley2.gif

kristinsmom
03-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought everyone needs to see a list like that because if paraffin candles are such a concern then so should a whole lot of other things that aren't talked about. If burning paraffin candles is toxic to your body, I guess so is eathing and breathing since we are eating and breathing so much that is damaging more than a paraffin candle.

Yes, I have considered Mia Bella. In fact, when deciding a company it was between Mia Bella and Bittersweet. I researched both companies talked with people from both companies and burned both candles. Honestly the candles burned the same, so it wasn't the candles that made my decision, it was the people I talked to. Some of the Mia Bella "ladies" I talked with were less than helpful and I have noticed aren't on these board anymore. I'd heard many many rumors about the "Mia Bellas". But since then I've talked to many wonderful, helpful, fun and friendly Mia Bella ladies who have tried to get me to switch. I have a wonderful team with Bittersweet and am happy. I think this debate between soy and paraffin is quite interesting and I've seen so much come from it. I don't really know where I'm going with this--I'm just rambling and speaking my mind, sorry. I guess all I can say is that I will continue to burn my paraffin candles, my soy candles, drink my soy milk and worry about much bigger environmental, health, and social issues other than whether soy is better than paraffin.

And Lori, thanks for the Ms. Bittersweet Candles title. I like it smileys/smiley32.gif

Lori Moreno
03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Laura!!!smileys/smiley17.gif

hahahahasmileys/smiley36.gif

Hey! I never had the pleasure of speaking with you!smileys/smiley19.gifLet's chat!smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gif

I just came back from going to a very strange play here in Chicago land! Then we went to Whole Foods and guess who I was thinking about as I was shopping for our healthy food?

Yeah YOU!!smileys/smiley2.gif

And I did NOT buy any candy withsmileys/smiley11.gif or without paraffin FYI!

We actually buy mostly organic fruit, veggies, coffee... if it's available.

Hey, please call me. I'd love to meet you. You have a great personality!smileys/smiley20.gif

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley31.gif773-577-1942

PS I made my decision over two years ago based on the company, products and especially the team.

kristinsmom
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I too don't think I've purchased any candy with paraffin, although you can buy on the candy making aisle--for chocolate dips and such. There is a store here where I live in little bitty Siloam Springs, Arkansas that sales all whole foods, etc. So, if it's avaliable here it the middle of what most people would think of as the "sticks", then it's gotta be avaliable in most places!

I do know there are great people in Mia Bella and I'm glad to have met another one smileys/smiley9.gif but I was really discouraged awhile back when I was considering the business. Anyway, thanks for taking what I say in jest--I do think there are bigger issues than paraffin candles, but to each his or her own.Think I could get by with selling Bittersweet AND Mia Bella??? HHHMMMM..... smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley2.gif

Laura

I used to dream of living in Chicago and writing for the Tribune. But then I did the thing I swore I'd NEVER do--I got married....and had a child.....and the closest I got to Chicago was Joplin, Missouri smileys/smiley19.gif Life sure does like to throw out those curve balls!!!

Lori Moreno
03-12-2006, 08:18 PM
hahahasmileys/smiley36.gif Laura!smileys/smiley4.gif

We moved here about a year and a half ago.

We used to live on an island in paradise ON THE OCEANsmileys/smiley16.gif in Florida. I came to Chicago (like Fred Flinstone used to stop his car) kicking and screaming!smileys/smiley19.gif

I'm not a cold weather person.

The funny thing about life is that I LOVE CHICAGO!!!smileys/smiley32.gif

Wow, it's an awesome city. There are over 200 theater groups here, incredible restaurants,cool shops, all kinds of sports, culture, mass transportation, great people, very diverse.......

Well, I hope you do feel free to call me. I am a telephone chat lover.

Just ask my teamsmileys/smiley36.gif

Oh..... by the way.... My friend/partner in Mia Bella, who I asked to find a great health company, product and team, is from Arkansas.

Guess what? He just found the biggest meteoritesmileys/smiley10.gif in the United States and has been featured onseveral shows! He built a log cabin in Arkansas with his wife and two girls. I told him we're going to utilize his new celebrity statussmileys/smiley16.gif to further advertise our Mia Bella team!!smileys/smiley20.gif

Lori Moreno
03-16-2006, 07:44 PM
"Things"smileys/smiley5.gif that make you go hmmmmsmileys/smiley2.gif

Okay, maybe it's my lawyer instincts or something?

I just noticed (blonde too) that the original poster of this thread posted totally anonymously and has still only posted 5 times on the WAHM board.

AND as our Resident, self professed, Mia Bella Lover, Cinnamonsmileys/smiley32.gif, correctly pointed out, the Anonymous and"new" postersmileys/smiley5.gif also, posted this on the Bittersweet Forum, which is a paraffin candlesmileys/smiley11.gif.

Yep, "things" that make you go hmmmmmmsmileys/smiley3.gif

Thank you "Anonymous Poster!" smileys/smiley2.gif

Um, any other scientific articles about how paraffin doesn't endanger unsuspecting people's health?smileys/smiley9.gif

ezhobby
03-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I noticed that too Lori!

Hmmmmmmmmm

I'll tell you what else I've noticed. The Mia Bella thread is one of the busiest threads in the specific businesses area. How cool is that?

cinnamonmomof3
03-16-2006, 08:47 PM
"Things"smileys/smiley5.gif that make you go hmmmmsmileys/smiley2.gif

Okay, maybe it's my lawyer instincts or something?

I just noticed (blonde too) that the original poster of this thread posted totally anonymously and has still only posted 5 times on the WAHM board.

AND as our Resident, self professed, Mia Bella Lover, Cinnamonsmileys/smiley32.gif, correctly pointed out, the Anonymous and"new" postersmileys/smiley5.gif also, posted this on the Bittersweet Forum, which is a paraffin candlesmileys/smiley11.gif.

Yep, "things" that make you go hmmmmmmsmileys/smiley3.gif

Thank you "Anonymous Poster!" smileys/smiley2.gif

Um, any other scientific articles about how paraffin doesn't endanger unsuspecting people's health?smileys/smiley9.gif

HaHaHa Lori you crack me up!! smileys/smiley36.gif
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Ok so my hubby is big on conspiracy theoriesÖso some of that may have rubbed off on me, but my theory is the original poster, is a wahm.com regular and created a new identity to post this article in all 3 candle forums to make her paraffin based candle company look better. If you go read what she posted in the Bittersweet candles forum you will see what I mean...also I think there are some posts missing in that thread hmÖ.

Ok now donít go calling me crazy, lol. smileys/smiley29.gif

You know what? I really donít think any of it matters!! We all know we have awesome candles!!!!

Rock on you awesome Mia Bella ladies (and guys), lol. smileys/smiley4.gif

~Cinnamon~
(Mia Bella Fanatic) smileys/smiley16.gif

Lori Moreno
03-17-2006, 12:05 AM
EZHobby!smileys/smiley17.gif

The cool thing about Mia Bella and this forum in particular is that it's always like this.

I was talking to Margey tonight saying how the coolest women (and men) are attracted and join Mia Bella. Ones with great characterand spiritfor sure.

Plus, we are really excited about our company growth, the super cool products, excellent compensation plan. Some of us are like family with our teams.

So I guess we have A LOT TO SAY!!!

Ever since I joined, over two years ago, I've been in contact with great peopleon my team, even before I posted here. We've had lots of great conversations and many wonderful things have been happening. Prettyexciting!

Fun huh?smileys/smiley36.gif

This seriously is a Scent-Sational FUN profitable business!

delk
03-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Mine was the same way - 3 years ago I joined, and then I stopped my AS for a few months, and hubby one day asked me - "Where are those GOOD candles you USED to buy - and WHY are you NOT buying them anymore????" THAT DAY - I called Charlie to re-instate my AS, and I have been here for 3 years now and LOVIN' IT! smileys/smiley32.gif

I burn candles EVERY SINGLE DAY - and have for YEARS and YEARS, and before was MANY different brands - NOW it is ONLY MIA BELLA GOURMET CANDLES! smileys/smiley4.gif

Lori Moreno
03-22-2006, 09:09 PM
I think this should be a sticky for sure!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1