WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Amy Jacobs
10-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Okay Hubby and I have 1 boy and 2 girls were planning on going for #4 next year. (This is going to be it for us) I know you cant choose the gender and a healthy baby is absolutely the most important thing that matters BUT... I would really like to try for a boy does anyone have any tips or advice they can share?

Liana_Rose
10-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Yes! Use protection the first half of the month. Check for signs of ovulation, and when you think it is the day of ovulation or the day after, this is the time to try. (Google "shettles method" for more information. ) You may also want to check the chinese calendar, and try during the months you are more likely to conceive a boy (I'm not sure the science of it, but it sure wouldn't hurt to try). You can also try slightly changing your diet to more salty & less acidic foods the few days before you try. Also, it is important to have deep penetration to increase your chances for a boy, because the sperm have less distance to swim, and more likely the fastest will win (which is typically the lighter weighted male sperm). Try positions that allow for deeper penetration.

happymommy
10-21-2009, 12:09 PM
I do remember reading the closer to ovulation you conceive the higher your chances of having a boy. We seem to make just boys without even trying, so I sprinkle some boy baby dust your way! lol Good luck whatever you get!

mir322
10-21-2009, 07:30 PM
If you look up Gender Disappointment (not that you'd be unhappy with the gender), you'll come across different methods, including Shettles.

Amy Jacobs
10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone :) I great appreciate it! I also purchased the book How to choose the sex of your baby. I will do everything you guys recommended!

Thanks Again,

Amy

Kath331
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I have heard that women who eat more meat, or protein in general, have higher chances of having a boy.

happymommy
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, I eat a high protein diet...I have an almost 5 yr old boy and twin boys on the way! :)

Vicki711
01-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm on my 3rd pregnancy, 2 living girls and 1 miscarried late term boy. I read a book before my second girl that was on how to choose gender. It said something along the lines of if you are on top, chances are much higher it will be a boy. I fondly remember being on top with both boys...Maybe TMI but that's all I know.. :)

wahclaire
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey Amy!

The only way that I have seen it work almost 100% is that my sister has 4 boys, and she conceived each and every one of them when she took an ovulation test to show that she was ovulating. Her daughter was conceived when she had shown she had not yet ovulated for the month...so there must be something in the closer to ovulation thing that works! She has PCOS and has very irregular periods/ovulation times...so it wasn't a choice, but a necessity...but it seems to have worked!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!