WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : craft show at my job

apples4
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello,
there is craft show coming up at my job and i'm tossing around the idea of getting a table. In the past I have considered food companies, but now i'm looking at scentsy. is this a good idea? do you think there is enough in the starter kit to do a table? i wouldn't want to spend more than what is in it.

i submitted a request for more info on the site last Thursday, but i haven't heard anything. i'm hoping to get a catalog sent to me at some point. i prefer looking at hard copy info.

thanks for your input

imamomagain
10-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes you can do a show with just the items that come in your kit! I would put the focus on bookings and just getting the word out. I did and still do alot of small craft shows and I've gotten a few recruits by doing those! It's a great way to spread the word about Scentsy!
I can send you a copy of the catalog if you wish. Just pm me your address and I'll get that out for you tomorrow. It's a great time to be a part of Scentsy!

jessicaj
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Dito! Scentsy is a wonderful company. I feel very lucky to have found it when I did. Good luck with you decision.

LorettaA
10-19-2009, 04:21 AM
With all the scent samples you get in the kit you can definitely fill a table. You will have enough for people to spend a good amount of time at your table.

Good luck!

Wax Menagerie
10-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Don't think too long on it or another candle sales rep. might take up the spot. I know my work has a yearly vendor fair to raise money for families in need and they only allow one vendor for each type of product. So one candle company, one cosmetics company, etc.

apples4
10-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Okay, good to know. Thanks for your replies.

Don't think too long on it or another candle sales rep. might take up the spot.
Fortunately, our craft shows are not set up that way. At the last one in the spring there were a few jewelry tables. They are first come first served. And I'm really not worried about that.

I have a couple other questions that I'll put as separate posts.

Search4Silver
10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm still waiting for a response if I can do an event...Its frustrating when they don't tell you quickly...and then they let you know a 4 or 5 days in advance that they don't have a Scentsy consultant and want you to do it...ugggggh!!!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1