WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Woot Woot!

haydens_mom
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
So my friend owns a large tanning chain in my town...She JUST has asked me to be part of her Fall Event...Open House!! in November.

All of the customers come in and get free goody bags and free tanning.

On that day I will be there with car candles to give away & my set up! I cant wait!!! Hoping this leads to more parties & prospects! :)

Just still have to get the ad & event approved by Corp.

Soo excited....just wanted to blab about it :)

imamomagain
10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Yay!! Good luck with the event and keep us posted on how it goes. I know I am getting a VERY full calender with craft shows events and ladies retreats! I'm so excited and can't wait! I LOVE doing stuff like that!

haydens_mom
10-06-2009, 05:16 PM
THanks Lisa.....
I have not done a craft/expo with Scentsy yet..but have in the past with another company. I liked it.... A LOT of work regardless, but I think SCentsy would be MUCH MORE fuN! :)

Great success to you!

jessicaj
10-07-2009, 04:40 AM
That is so great! Congrats. I was having weird dreams about my events coming up... up all night with Scentsy Fever AGAIN!!!

successsweet
11-20-2009, 06:57 AM
So my friend owns a large tanning chain in my town...She JUST has asked me to be part of her Fall Event...Open House!! in November.

All of the customers come in and get free goody bags and free tanning.

On that day I will be there with car candles to give away & my set up! I cant wait!!! Hoping this leads to more parties & prospects! :)

Just still have to get the ad & event approved by Corp.

Soo excited....just wanted to blab about it :)

Are we allowed to give out free incentives??

avoight
11-20-2009, 08:40 AM

Of course! Theres even a flyer I use from scentsy success that says free gift today when you book your party.

successsweet
11-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Of course! Theres even a flyer I use from scentsy success that says free gift today when you book your party.

REALLY?
Wow cause compliance contacted me and said I couldnt mention any incentives be they FREE or financial and even haydens mom told me the same thing, I will find her post about that.

Conflicting info?

Okay found what haydensmom posted to me

"Per the policy, consultants cannot offer cash, any type of free products, or any other incentive to get people to join their team. I’m not sure which webinar that only cash was mentioned but per policy that was updated October 1st, no incentives whatsoever can be offered."

avoight
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
REALLY?
Wow cause compliance contacted me and said I couldnt mention any incentives be they FREE or financial and even haydens mom told me the same thing, I will find her post about that.

Conflicting info?

Okay found what haydensmom posted to me

"Per the policy, consultants cannot offer cash, any type of free products, or any other incentive to get people to join their team. Iím not sure which webinar that only cash was mentioned but per policy that was updated October 1st, no incentives whatsoever can be offered."

Ohhhh I see, I took the post as she was giving away a free car candle to everyone at the event, and thats what you where asking.. (thats why I said I have the sign that says free gift today when you book your party) I didnt think the message was about giving away anything for people joining your team, sorry if I miss-read!

Thanks by the way, I actually didnt know you couldnt offer any incentives what so ever for new sign ups (I knew about the financial incentive) I was going to give away a plug in display... hmmm I do you think it will be against policy if I gave one to everyone anyways... just didnt advertise it at all, just once they are already signed up tell them about it? What do you think? Im going to email complience today and see

haydens_mom
11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Im sooo confused....Compliance emailed me AGAIN today.... Saying that I need to remove my "get a free gift with order" thing off my bio. WTH!?!?!

The other day I was informed that we couldnt offer FREE incentives to people to join the business???? Not to BUY!

Why is it that Scentsy Corp. People will tell us...one thing, then compliance tells us another. This is a JOKE!

At first it was YES you can offer incentives to join Scentsy, just not CASH....
Then it was... NO you cant offer incentives to join Scentsy PERIOD....
Now its.... NO you cant offer ANYTHING FREE to customers etc...

Am I wrong, or understanding incorrectly....

haydens_mom
11-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Well the car candle thing was as a free gift to people coming in and tanning...not to join the business.....

BUT I dont even know if thats correct anymore...

Maybe the LURKING Scentsy Consultant's that play Detectives KNOW IT ALL and will give us a straight answer. ????:rolleyes:

avoight
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Well the car candle thing was as a free gift to people coming in and tanning...not to join the business.....

BUT I dont even know if thats correct anymore...

Maybe the LURKING Scentsy Consultant's that play Detectives KNOW IT ALL and will give us a straight answer. ????:rolleyes:

See thats what I thought you where saying! I didnt get from your post that you where giving anything out to anyone for joining your team.. I dont think its a big deal to give a free car candle to everyone at the event... your paying for it! :) I dont think the company would have a problem either since everyone would be getting one.

Hmmm.... Im not sure whats going on, I didnt know you couldnt give a free gift with purchase out.. I have a sign I use thats under the freebies on scentsy success that says free car candle and one that says free gift if you book your show today.

bcylab
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Boy it would be nice to know what the verdict is about giving out freebies of any sort. I understand the incentives for becoming a consultant, but what about just to customers for placing a nice order or just during the holiday for being a great customer......:rolleyes:

avoight
11-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Boy it would be nice to know what the verdict is about giving out freebies of any sort. I understand the incentives for becoming a consultant, but what about just to customers for placing a nice order or just during the holiday for being a great customer......:rolleyes:

I agree, I gave each of my customers who had items on back order a Holly Berry bar for the delay.... oops!

mommycourt
11-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I have too!! I give my hostess each a bar when they have a home party! and am planning on giving customers a car candle if they had a b/o they were waiting on!! OOPS!

HippieMama
11-21-2009, 07:56 AM
I can see not advertising incentives for new team members, but can a sponsor never give their team a gift?

I was also considering giving customers a free car candle with purchase (not advertising, just adding a little something extra in their bags). Wonder if that is even allowed?

imamomagain
11-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh I think giving your Hostess or customers a free gift is fine. I'm sure that's not what they meant. There are tons of signs to use on Scentsy Success under the free downloads section.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1