WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

haydens_mom
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM
So ladies... how many of you are just jumping out of your shoes about all the new exciting things happening in just hours!!!!!! AHHHH :D

imamomagain
09-30-2009, 11:05 PM
VERY exciting!! Sure makes it hard to sleep! :)

LorettaA
10-01-2009, 04:22 AM
I was hoping to play with it this morning before I headed out for most of the day. They are still working on it, so I'll have to wait. I really like the new functions in our new workstation.

lrstith
10-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Yes!! I am soooo excited!! I cannot wait until I can get on there and start working!!!

imamomagain
10-01-2009, 04:57 AM
It's going to be a long morning! :) I'm excited to start messing with it too! I know there are a few people that are signing up on our team today so hopefully, they can hang in there til later in the day!

makeyousparkle
10-01-2009, 05:09 AM
I am very excited about...
our new workstation...
opening our arms to Canada ((hugs))...
the launch of Plymouth Warmer...
the launch of Honey Pear Cider...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I warm to calm me down (LMBO!)

Artist4Sale
10-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Oh my gosh it's killing me!! lol! I want to seeeeee!! Okay so it's 7:18am ALASKA time...wasn't it supposed to be up 8:00am Pacific? ohhhhhh I can't WAIT!!!!!!

Stacey

Debbie70
10-01-2009, 08:36 AM
The transition website say:

(As of 8 am MDT 10/1/2009) New Workstation is still in test mode and NOT yet available. We will "go live" as soon as possible. Please check here frequently for updates on "go live" time.

I am in eastern time so i have been checking often and waiting patiently.

D

haydens_mom
10-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Thank you Debbie :)

KarmaSmiles
10-01-2009, 09:12 AM
What an exciting time for all of you! Congrats! I am sure you ladies will take Canada by storm! I am meaning in a good way! LOL

Wishing you all the best of success this holiday season! Congrats again!

imamomagain
10-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Thank you Jodi! This is a very exciting time! :)

makeyousparkle
10-01-2009, 09:52 AM
What an exciting time for all of you! Congrats! I am sure you ladies will take Canada by storm! I am meaning in a good way! LOL

Wishing you all the best of success this holiday season! Congrats again!

Thx Jodi!!! Well wishes for your TS biz as well (YUMMY!)
Gotta <3 TS :)

MandyLee1980
10-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm so excited I could burst! I've done the training calls the past few days and the new sites and workstation look amazing! I can't wait to go in and customize my site!!

Debbie70
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
The transition website said it was taking longer than they thought but they are still working on it.

They can't give a time frame now but when they can get to a point to give us a time frame they will.

:eek:

Just learning patience today, but i can't wait to see it.

cynzz
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
The shipping is pretty high for Canada - 20%?!!! Myself, I don't care what it is, I'm still getting me some Scentsy lol! But don't you think this might deter some people from joining or even placing an order?

GIFTSBYCATHERIN
10-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Scentsy consultants are very blessed and now we are welcoming a whole
new potential family of Canadian consultants. How exciting for everyone
involved with Scentsy.

Go Scentsy...

Growing a team in the USA and Canada,
Catherine

imamomagain
10-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't think the 20% shipping will deter ANYBODY!! This is the most incredible company with the BEST products out there!! One of my Team Members in Hawaii is just exploding her business there and they pay that same shipping. It is not stopping her or her team one bit!

I went away tonight to do a party and knew I would come home to an AWESOME website and New Holiday Line to drool over!! I am SO impressed!!!
Scentsy---it was so WORTH THE WAIT!! Thank you Thank you!!!

christyvw2004
10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
I am not familiar with canadian things---but maybe this is nothing abnormal for them....

jennsimm
10-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Is anyone else having a hard time with the back office, or is it still not up yet?? When I go to consultant log in, it takes me to a page that says the page im requesting is not available??? HHmmm>>hope its not just me!!

Jennifer

WendiStark
10-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I am able to get in but it is slow as I am sure everyone else is trying to setup the new web sites.

imamomagain
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Love the new sites!! Workstation has so many bells and whistles! WOOHOO! Hope they get the bugs worked out soon. I'm sure they are working around the clock.

cappy389
10-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I love Scentsy so don't get me wrong ,but 20% shipping to Hawaii may be no problem ,but the dollar is the same , when you are looking at Canada for a $30. warmer it is 36.00 the tax rate for my province would be adding another 13% then the 20% shipping makes the $30.00 warmer you buy in the US $47.88 by the time the customer gets it. I have had lots of Scentsy parties in the US where I live for 6 months of the year and find no problem with anyone buying it there but for the $ difference it will be a lot harder sell in Canada.

imamomagain
10-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Hmmm...I've had lots of interest from people in Canada. Never once had the issue of price come up in the conversation. I don't know....

haydens_mom
10-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I think that high shipping is a norm for a lot of them. I havent run into any issues with this being a concern.

But I can be wrong as well :) Who knows.... maybe they will launch a warehouse there someday! :)

karenscandles
10-05-2009, 04:41 AM
I love Scentsy so don't get me wrong ,but 20% shipping to Hawaii may be no problem ,but the dollar is the same , when you are looking at Canada for a $30. warmer it is 36.00 the tax rate for my province would be adding another 13% then the 20% shipping makes the $30.00 warmer you buy in the US $47.88 by the time the customer gets it. I have had lots of Scentsy parties in the US where I live for 6 months of the year and find no problem with anyone buying it there but for the $ difference it will be a lot harder sell in Canada.

Hi. I haven't had a home based business for years and have been very interested in Scentsy. I do have to admit though......the 20% shipping has been what has been holding me back from joining this incredible company. Having had worked for 3 different direct sales companies in the past.....I've never payed close to this for shipping my other products from the US. I have been asking around and my close girlfriends who all love to shop, have said they wouldn't pay 20% extra for shipping on top of all of our taxes. I haven't joined yet but if I do....I've decided I would have to cover 10% of that shipping for my own cost which leaves a very small profit margin. I wish there was some way the company didn't have to charge such incredibly high shipping costs!!! :(

haydens_mom
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Karen,
I agree the shipping is high.... but I have no doubt in my mind that Scentsy will be either bringing in a warehouse to Canada or offering incredible deals to Canadian Consultants.
Thats just how they are! WONDERFUL :)

And since Canada is so new....your possibilities are endless. Heck, you may do so well, that shipping is not even an issue for you :)

If you would like any help....or me to email you info just let me know :)

Kahne

rubymom
10-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I sell candles here in Canada that come from Arizona and we charge 10% S&H and still a lot of people think that is too high. I am lucky I live in Alberta and we pay no PST here, just 5% GST on top. So 20% is very high but company will learn the ropes eventually once they start getting orders and seeing how things work. I know that if you ship UPS to Canada it is more expensive for us than Purolator. My company used to charge 15% when orders were shipped by UPS and once they changed to Purolator it is now 10%

We in Canada are used to high shipping cost yes, but with our dollar being different, it can add up. Now, keep in mind some people will complain of high shipping cost no matter what, even if they only need to pay 3% or whatever.

karenscandles
10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks for your feedback and you are totally right....some people complain at any shipping cost. I do think if I join though, I will absorb 10 of the 20% and hopefully at some point maybe the shipping costs will get better. I don't think I'll have many customers charging 20% shipping plus an extra 12% in taxes. :(

imamomagain
10-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Karen I think that is a great idea! You just never know how people will receive it. You could give it a try and see how it goes. Then if it doesn't work out for you, at least you will have everything from your kit for your own personal use.
But I really think this is the perfect time to join this great company! I wish I would have joined alot earlier than I did! Can you imagine the kind of business you could build being one of the first reps? Wow!
And I would be willing to bet that they will someday add a warehouse in Canada! It would all depend on the growth. And I see Canada growing VERY big! Best of luck with your decision!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1