WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New To Being a Military Wife...

Neseret
08-31-2009, 06:53 AM
What was it like for you when your partner was deployed the first few times? Does it get easier?

My partner Tyler is in the Navy and just came back from a month trip. This was his second one since we met. I thought I would get use to it, but it was just as hard as it was the first time.

I'm wondering for those of you who have more experience if it get easier and also the things that helped you get through when your partner is away and you're missing them so much.

Ness,

Bell04
09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
HI,

Take it one day at a time, It is rough but it does get a little easier!
Stay with family and friends, I know they dont understand very much, but they can help with some what of a support.

Amanda-

FAnderson
09-13-2009, 02:52 PM
I am a Navy wife of 2 yrs (girlfriend for 4 yrs before that).. Started life as a navy brat, served 5 yrs as a sailor and now married to the best sailor ever. Unfortunately for me it never gets easier kissing him goodbye before he gets on the plane or boat is just as hard today as it was when he did his first 6 monther of our relationship. For us its good though because even though I cry and feel like my world is crashing it helps him know that I (no matter what) will be here when he gets home. I suck it up and move on and do the best I can for our home and daughter. At the end of the det or deployment he returns and life resumes back to as normal as it possibly can. I keep waiting to see if it gets easier, but in a small way I hope it doesn't. The raw emotions I feel each time we are away from one another in a twisted way keeps our relationship as fresh and new as it was 6 yrs ago. :O) The Navy has been a aprt of my life for 29 yrs whatever will I do when my hubby retires in 5 1/2 yrs lol

Happy Labels Girl
10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I have done three 7 month deployments and i'll tell you girl the first one was the hardest! you'd think, the last one when i had a baby with my hubby gone, you'd think that would be the hardest one but suprisingly it was the easiest bc i had sooo much going on and stayed so busy! I'm sure yoou've heard but the only way to make it go by fast is to keep busy and not dwell on it! its sososo hard i know but worrying and being upset wont make him come home any faster but keeping busy and trying to stay positive makes it seem so much faster!! and before you know it you will be in his arms again !! Dont worry! Message me if you have any questions i've been there done that! :-)