WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Ideas needed!

Nydia1977
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone, New to WAHm...

I am in the process of signing up for Silpada. However I'm having trouble getting people to host shows. I have not signed the paperwork yet and my ""launch party" is supposed to be in a couple of weeks but I'm getting a bit discouraged. Any ideas, suggestions would help. Maybe I'm not saying the right thing over the phone?

doodlebug1
08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone, New to WAHm...

I am in the process of signing up for Silpada. However I'm having trouble getting people to host shows. I have not signed the paperwork yet and my ""launch party" is supposed to be in a couple of weeks but I'm getting a bit discouraged. Any ideas, suggestions would help. Maybe I'm not saying the right thing over the phone?

Hi. I can understand being discouraged. :( But I think it's because it's August with kids just no returning to school. Women will respond better when we get a lot closer to Fall, I'm betting.

Plus, I think your emphasis right now should be getting people to your launch party, because from THAT you will get bookings much easier. Why? They will SEE how beautiful the jewelry is and that will be the hook. So I'd concentrate on that--making flyers and taking them everywhere you go to hand out; sending out invites; using email to contact people about your party, walking the neighborhood with those flyers, etc. Of course, it's too early for all that if your show is that far in the future. But you can plan ahead.

Doodles :)

Nydia1977
09-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks Doodlebug. I'm officially a Rep today! Super excited about Silpada!

blingslinger
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Here's a tip that really helped me get "out of my circle" and expand my bookings. Ask your local gym if you can set up inside (ask your upline to borrow jewelry if need be). Don't go into with the mindset that you want to sell, go into it with the intent to get bookings. This is a great way to get people who might not have ever heard of Silpada introduced to Silpada. Try hair salons or boutiques. We are not allowed to set up permanently in a retail location, and that's not what I'm advising. Maybe once every month or so just to get bookings!

Just my $.02. Getting bookings can sometimes be frustrating, but the more you practice and the more people you ask, the more you'll get ;)

Good luck!