WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I want to be diamond!!!

pookeybearsmom
02-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Ok, so help me out. First problem is that I am not that computer savy. I can read my e-mail and I can post on here. Thats about where it ends for me with the computer. So, give me ideas on recruiting. I would like the ways to be cheap/free also, I am somewhat worried about recruiting too many people from the town I live in cause I don't want them to take my retail sales or overrun the market with the candles. So, I think that I would like to recruit alot from the internet. I am not sure. I also want to perhaps get the door hangers an try that in a town near me but not so near as to lose my own customers KWIM? Anyone tried this? I am just not sure where to start. Message boards the way to go? Anyone recruit people just from thier company website without a personal webpage?

SandyMilton
02-27-2006, 03:51 PM
I would be willing to bet that your customers, should they sign up as a COTM member would always have other friends, family, etc that you don't know! Look at it as if you are expanding! Being in your first line, you are making money off all their sales anyway! Don't be afraid to recruit locally. Think of other possibilities how you and your downlines could help each other. If someone is just looking for one jar candle..... supplies..... thethings you can all do together are endless! After all, THEIR success is YOUR success! Lead by example!

I hear door hangars can be an iffy thing, and you really do need to know your local laws if they allow you to hand things on doors (apparently some communities do not allow this). What does work for me is having brochures and scent samples on hand ALL the time and handing them out everywhere. At the grocery store, I hand them to the deli worker that helps me, the cashier that checks me out, the teller in the bank inside the grocery store should I need to cash a check - everyone I come in contact with. That's just at the grocery store! smileys/smiley36.gif

As you learn your way on your computer and on the internet, you will soon learn how to create basic ads - there are tons of "free advertising" space around, feel free to take advantage of those as you hear about them. I tried to find a list online that had a ton of them, but it looks like that list isn't where I thought it was... so unfortunately I don't have it. One place I know of, that I advertise on, is www.craigslist.org (http://www.craigslist.org) under "Post to Classifieds" in the upper left side, click on that, then select "services offered" and within that is a link for "small biz ads"

You will do fine! Just use your show, smell and sell technique - get your customers, and out of those customers you will plant the seeds for your local downline distributors! There's power in numbers!

pookeybearsmom
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Thank You Sandy! i think I might hit the local market a little harder than I have. Maybe I'll even put an ad in the local paper or something. I need to try anything. Now, heres another question....to listen with a lead on the opportunity calls do you have to dial in at that certian time or can you call a pre-recorded message at any time. that opportunity call thing confuses me.smileys/smiley5.gif

SandyMilton
02-27-2006, 05:37 PM
OOOH Yes they have pre-recorded messages. Let me list them for you....... be right back!

I had found this list online, and I will let you know I've not used them as of yet. I'd check them out before having someone on the phone with you first - that way you know what to expect - also to make sure this information is still valid.

*note - if anyone knowsany reason this list shouldn't be published here, let me know ASAP and I will edit the post below the opportunity call portion. I had assumed since I found this on the internet, it would be ok, but you never know!
Recorded Conference Call Menu
Dial: (732) 463-6326

You will be prompted to dial a 1 or 2 digit number for the recorded training call you want to listen to. Here are the calls that we are currently reccomending:

Passcode 1 - <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Opportunity</st1:place> call

Passcode 2 - Bob Schmitz &amp; Charlie Umphred - What is network marketing and residual income? How to take responsibility for your own business. Goal setting.

Passcode 3 - Bob Schmitz &amp; Charlie Umphred - The fundamentals of building your business. The market for your candles. Keys to success. Developing your skills, teaching others what you learn

Passcode 4 - Jackie Ulmer, Charlie Umphred, &amp; Dave Lewis - How men feel about and work their candle business. How to approach men about the candle business. What men typically look for in evaluating a business.

Passcode 5 - Charlie Umphred, Shep Kuester, &amp; Bob Schmitz - What do candle buyers look for? Basics of how to sell candles. How to build a big business and organization.

Passcode 6 - Jackie Ulmer &amp; Lynn Milazzo - How Lynn &amp; Carmen started the company in their kitchen and how the company grew into what Scent-Sations is today. Aspects of how to do fundraisers.

Passcode 7 - Bob Schmitz &amp; Stephanie Sterling - Advertising Co-op and marketing on the Internet. Autoresponders - what they are, how to use them for distributing information. How not to use an autoresponder and what to look for when selecting one.

Passcode 9 - Jackie Ulmer - How to be a leader to your team and an effective upline and sponsor. Sure-fire techniques for growing a large organization.

Passcode 11 - Bob Schmitz - Leadership training.

Passcode 12 - Deb Winward - Home parties.

Passcode 13 - Bob Schmitz - Multiple Streams of Lead Generation.

Passcode 14 - Bob Schmitz - "Mapping Your Future" (Power of purpose &amp; goal setting)

Passcode 15 - Vicky Lynch &amp; Jackie Ulmer - Home Party.

Passcode 16 - Shep &amp; Jan Kuester - How to build through shows.

Passcode 17 - Bob Schmitz - Getting Started

Passcode 18 - Shelly Edwards - Fundraising HowtoEdited by: dreamakr36

MiaBellaCandle
02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi Pookey!

As far as recruiting in your local area... I don't think you have to worry about stepping on anyones toes and getting saturated. We are still a newer company, growing nicely, but I am sure most people you talk to never heard of Mia Bella! We do have tons of room for expansion, even in yourown town.

If you asked your neighbor to give you their Christmas card list, a very small percentage of the names would be someone you would know... most not even in the same area as you. It is not likely you will have alot of MB reps running into each other and even if you did run into the same retail establishment or the same person, you still would earn overrides on the sales that your downline made smileys/smiley2.gif .. love that residual income!

Blessings,

Silverback
02-28-2006, 11:31 PM
I am somewhat worried about recruiting too many people from the town I live in cause I don't want them to take my retail sales or overrun the market with the candles.

Here's another way to look at it: Not only will you be getting a percentage of all of their salesjust for introducing them to the opportunityyou arealso significantly increasing the potential of your business because each one of those people probably knows 200+ people that you do not all over the country. They all have childhood friends and oldclassmates and previous neighbors and teachers and military buddies and employers and girlfriends and boyfriends and internet contacts, etc, etc, etc.

Why not Train yourself to think BIGGER!?! In 2005, estimates of the US Population were almost 296,000,000 with another almost 33,000,000 in Canada. If you could just sponsor 5 of those you would be a Diamond. Just find 5 people out of 328 MILLION that love candles as much OR MORE than you do. Then help them find 5, and help their5 find 5, and help their 5 find 5, etc. (Of course, you'll want at least 2 more active Diamonds when you hit the Senior Director level in order to receive the full benefit of the business &lt;grin&gt;) Before you know it, both yourBELIEF level and your INCOME will be growing rather nicely!!

pookeybearsmom
03-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Thank you all for the replies. I am thinking about them carefully. I think that bcause this company is basically unheard of in my local area I will try the recruiting route locally. The thing about the neighbor with the Christmas card list really got to me because I just had a neigbor that lives across the street order from me and I had never even met her before.

Sandy,thanks for the advice and the phone list. Sinverback -everything you always say makes sense. Your alot like my dh very logical which is what I need to hear sometimes.

Iam also going to post on a few message boards. Hey its free advertisement which is always good.smileys/smiley1.gif

Thank you all! I will keep you updated on how things are going!Edited by: pookeybearsmom

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1