WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Starting Next Week!

emily3247
08-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi all! I thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. My name is Emily and I've been on the WAHM boards forever. I'm currently a freelance writer, but have fallen in LOVE with Scentsy and am signing up next week! I'm very excited! I do have a couple of questions though and my sister will be my upline and she's fairly new so I may have quite a few down the line.

My goal is to try to sell $2000 per week as I would love to make $2000 per month. How realistic do you think that is? Does anyone know the average party sales? I think once I get started I should be able to book parties fairly easily. I know a lot of people in my area, plus my girls are in school and I'm starting school in September so I'm sure I can find some leads there. I know a lady at my doctor's office who is already interested, but I'd kind of like to know how everyone else is doing with their business and if you guys have any good tips to help get me off the ground.

Thanks

imamomagain
08-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Well first of all, congratulations on your decision to join this fabulous company! You will have so much fun!

Now as far as your goal of $2,000 per week...I'd say that might be a little lofty. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's nice to set high goals! Maybe that's the kind of goal I should be setting! LOL...
I know if I applied myself a little bit more I could do that much a month. My goal is usually $1,000 a month. But now that I've gone to Convention and I see bigger and better things, I am setting it to $2,000 per month. I think everyone is different and work their business in different ways.

If you can get your sister to give you a catalog or maybe even some basket testers, you could start collecting orders before your kit comes. That would give you a great start.

I'm sure others here might have some great advice for you too!

Welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of Scentsy!!

kainsley\
08-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Welcome to Scentsy! I agree your goal might be a little high. You may want to set goals on sales AND recruiting because your team will help you get to your financial goal. Good luck!

emily3247
08-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I was thinking the goal was high, but here's the thing. Selling $2000 per week is only bringing in $500 per week. So how are you guys making enough income to live off of if you are only selling $1000 per month? If you are only making $250 per month then all of the rest of your commission comes from downline sales? Are your percentages of downline sales even generating enough to make ends meet?

I love Scentsy and either way I'm going to sign up simply because I need to make money to fuel my own Scentsy habit lol, but realistically how possible is it to generate a full time income with this business? I am a single mom and the girls father passed away, so I'm the only source of income and I'm worried if I put all of my efforts into building a business with Scentsy will it be worth it financially?

imamomagain
08-26-2009, 06:35 AM
We really aren't allowed to disclose financial information. But here's the thing with me. I am taking it slowly. I was a Director in another DS business with very high "ordering requirements". I ended up with $1,000's of dollars in inventory on my shelves. I did NOT want to repeat that. One of the great things about Scentsy is the ordering requirements to earn from your downline.

My personal sales could be higher if I worked a little bit harder. Right now though, the goal that I have works for me. I have 2 daughters also (my first husband passed away too). But I also don't have the bills that others have. My home and vehicles are paid for. The only things I really have to worry about are utilities and other misc. stuff.

You can make whatever goal you like, I'm just saying that it takes time to build a business and also lots of help from a great team. I didn't really join Scentsy to make a certain amount per week. I joined because I always loved my home smelling good and I was a candle-buying fool! :) The money I'm making is just an added bonus. :)

emily3247
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
We really aren't allowed to disclose financial information. But here's the thing with me. I am taking it slowly. I was a Director in another DS business with very high "ordering requirements". I ended up with $1,000's of dollars in inventory on my shelves. I did NOT want to repeat that. One of the great things about Scentsy is the ordering requirements to earn from your downline.

My personal sales could be higher if I worked a little bit harder. Right now though, the goal that I have works for me. I have 2 daughters also (my first husband passed away too). But I also don't have the bills that others have. My home and vehicles are paid for. The only things I really have to worry about are utilities and other misc. stuff.

You can make whatever goal you like, I'm just saying that it takes time to build a business and also lots of help from a great team. I didn't really join Scentsy to make a certain amount per week. I joined because I always loved my home smelling good and I was a candle-buying fool! :) The money I'm making is just an added bonus. :)

Now that makes more sense, I wish I didn't have bills! I can definitely see an earning potential here and I know it takes time to build a business and a strong team In fact, I originally decided to join simply to fuel my Scentsy addition! They have the best products I have seen in a LONG time!

Do you by chance find it easy to recruit or difficult? I've been comparing a lot of various compensation plans for direct sales companies and from the looks of it, you have to recruit to make any type of money! If not you are selling, selling, selling constantly. I don't have a problem talking about Scentsy, in fact I have customers waiting and people responding to me while I still have 6 days to wait, but talking about Scentsy comes easy lol. Recruiting I think may be more difficult for me.

Oh and I noticed a lot of people selling on Ebay isn't that against the rules???? Makes it a lot harder for people who really want to work their businesses you know?

imamomagain
08-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't find recruiting hard at all! We have a great product that is inexpensive ( which appeals to many!) and a great compensation plan along with owners and people at our home office who really care about their Consultants. One of the things that really appealed to me was that it seemed like it would be easlily duplicatable.

I don't let the E-bay thing get to me. I know there are TONS of other DS companies that have people who are selling out of compliance. They are watching and you just have to go about your business. I haven't really checked things out on there, but I did hear that when they charge shipping and everything, it ends up actually being more than one would pay to get from a Scentsy Consultant.

Just don't sweat the small stuff! :)

emily3247
08-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I can't wait to start next week! My sister is emailing me the commission plan and the hostess benefits and hopefully that will clear up some of my confusion.... and your right you can buy anything on Ebay I was just wondering if the corporate office monitored it, you don't want it to get as bad as Mary Kay sales on there!

kainsley\
08-26-2009, 07:13 PM
My paycheck is mostly from my downline so that's how I pay my bills. I'm also a single mom. I currently have another full-time job, but I hope to be able to quit soon & focus completely on Scentsy. Recruiting is pretty easy because people are naturally attracted to the product & the business opportunity. Good luck to you!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1