WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How Long Did It Take YOU?

sabpadilla
02-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Just wondering how long it took YOU to join Mia Bella after you were
introduced? Me personally, I think I started talking to Margey in
October, and I just joined a couple of weeks ago!! (Thanks for not
giving up on me Margey!) How about you? Did you know right
away this was for you, or did you take a while?
Edited by: sabpadilla

ShiraColish
02-26-2006, 08:14 AM
HA!! I found my sponsor's website while doing a search for a home business. I read it over, looked over the products, and signed up!! I didnt even contact my sponsor!! She called me the next day like "Hi, ummm...you signed up under me for Scent-Sations..." It was funny. Now we are the best of friends!

It was an impulse decision - but what a wonderful one!! I would NEVER regret it.

Lori Moreno
02-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi Stefani!smileys/smiley17.gif

Wow, you are right about Margey. She is a super Mia Bella Sponsor and wonderful to build with!smileys/smiley4.gif

I was ready to build a huge team two years ago to work with others in helping them create financial freedom.

We were going out of town for a wedding and decided to travel for a month. I asked a friend of mine to find a strong growing HEALTH company with great slow, but steady management, wonderful consumable health products AND the best team within the company.

When I came back, I asked my friend what he found. When he said "Candles," I almost fainted.

Not being a candle lover, because of paraffin, black soot, petroleum, lead....etc., I just didn't get how one could make a fortune with candles and help others do the same!

I basically interrogated the owners and my team upline support for days. We still laugh about it.

I did immediately join the Candle of the Month Club and went Diamond my first month just by telling a few friends who are candle lovers.

We were in the process then of movingfrom Florida to Chicago. So as we were moving, I would basically put my Candle of the Month Club aside with all of the lovely moving boxes.

Once we got settled, I started realizing what I had my hands on and how much people LOVE OUR CANDLE$!

YOU CHOSE the right company, products, sponsor and team! Just know what you have, if you choose to work with it now, have fun with it, work with Margey and her upline, and watch what happens!

You can set your world on FIRE!!

Enjoy and WELCOME AGAIN to YOUR GREAT LIFE DECISION!smileys/smiley32.gif

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

lovethiscandle
02-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I was searching endlessly for something very very specific - it took 6 months of searching to finda quality, consumable, natural candleproduct, and excellent compensation plan. It had all my requirements for a sucessful home biz, so I signed up within a week of finally finding it. smileys/smiley1.gif Edited by: lovethiscandle

Margey
02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Stefani!

NO Problem! smileys/smiley36.gifIt also took me a while of looking into it..

Talking with a few people, and finding the right time for ME to join.

I always kept coming back to Mia Bella..It just felt right.

southernbg
02-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi Stefani,

LOL! Good question! I think it took me almost a year first being introduced to Scent-Sations before joining. I wish I had join then but everything happens for a reason. It was not the right time for me then.

I am so glad you are with us now! You will never ever regret your decision.smileys/smiley2.gif

Many Blessings,

Natalie

SandyMilton
02-26-2006, 02:42 PM
It was a couple months before I joined. I was already working with a great candle company (love their products) however, the Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper got my curiosity up so I ordered 6 of them. I became enamoured by the scent they gave off as well as the scent throw. Still time went by, and I kept going back and looking at the site, worried about the case order minimums, talked myself out of it again.

Then I started reading more on the fundraisers. THIS I'm sure I could do easily and not worry about the case order minimums because there would always be quantity involved in fundraisers. The last thing I was concerned with was the shipping times and costs. That's when I called Natalie (southernbg) and talked with her extensively about Scent-Sations. By the time I was finished with the call, I told her not to be surprised if she noticed a new downline member real soon! smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Here's where it gets interesting. As I started showing what I received in my candle of the month package, I got orders right away - enough to place my first case order and I didn't even need a fundraiser to do it! smileys/smiley36.gifI am amazed at how easily they sell to those people that truly want a good product! I faded out my other business and decided to work with just Scent-Sations for my candle products! I've not regretted that choice one bit! I still think the old company I was with is fabulous, but I've got to go with the one that fattened up my wallet better in my market area smileys/smiley4.gif

christina4733
02-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi.

I signed up right away, not even contacting my sponsor. It was also and impulse decision.

I'm very glad I did it. smileys/smiley2.gif

ShiraColish
02-26-2006, 03:20 PM
LOL!! Christina - bet all sponsors LOVE people like us!! smileys/smiley36.gif

Health4Mom
02-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey, great question. I was browsing the internet one evening, just looking at home businesses. My hubby works alot of hours so i couldnt have a traditional job. I was just looking for something to fill my time basically and give me a lttle spending money.

I came across Mia Bella and it caught my eye because my daughters name is Isabella or "Bella" as we call her, so i checked it out. I read all the great testimonies and I basically signed up on the spot..

NEVER having tried them, just went on the great testimonies!! I was very lucky to find something the first time, I know people who take a long time and try other businesses before finding the right fit for them.

I knew my little one wouldbring me good luck!! smileys/smiley2.gif

Lori Moreno
02-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Shira!smileys/smiley36.gif

My sponsor is definitely a super happy camper!

I asked him to do some homework for me

Find:

HEALTH COMPANY

STRONG MANAGEMENT

PRODUCTS PEOPLE LOVE (sell themselves)smileys/smiley2.gif

FASTEST GROWING TEAM IN THE COMPANY WITH TRAINING IN PLACE

He did his homework WELL

Then he joined our team while I was traveling. I returned and I joined under him after I interviewed (interrogated) the team!

Now! HE CASHES A NICE FAT CHECK EVERY MONTH from my growing team!

And you know what?

Good for him! He gets an A!!

I've never worked with such an incredibly fun, supportive or successful company and team!

Ameri_Girl
02-26-2006, 08:03 PM
You must be proud the way you joined you told it twicesmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley9.gif

Lori Moreno
02-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Me?smileys/smiley17.gif

I am THRILLED I joined!smileys/smiley2.gif

I was agreeing with Shira about having a very happy sponsor. It was actually hilarioius when he told me. Now he's laughing all the way to the bank!

This company ROCKS!!smileys/smiley32.gif

Adriel's Mom
02-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi,
I was looking for a business that I can sell products that I really like, I cam across this forum and read about Mia Bella and posted that I wanted some information and everyone gave me good comments about this company. I mentioned it to DH and he said for me to join if i was convinced.

Then I gave my Ph # to Betsey and she called me that night and she answered all my questions and got me all excited about this company. She sended me some samples and the day arrived I signed up, funny thing is I signed up before seeing & SMELLING the samples.

Don't regret joining and hoping this journey continues for a LOOOOOOONG time. smileys/smiley4.gif

Edited by: Adriel's Mom

Arcadia27
03-03-2006, 01:48 PM
I had been asking questions about the company for probably 6 months before I joined.. but it didn't take me long to realize that this was not for me. Unfortunately, my schedule does not allow it. I work and go to school and I cannot afford the monthly shipment. I guess I realized that some people have the ability to succeed in sales, and some don't. I don't. I can't walk up to a complete stranger and say "hi I sell candles, wanna buy some?"

I also didn't want to have to pressure my friends to buy from me.

Basically, I would tell anyone, think long and hard before signing up for network marketing (whichever company it is) and make sure you already have people who will buy from you, and that you really have the outgoing personality necessary to succeed in sales.

Also on a side note when I left my sponsor basically called me a quitter instead of being understanding of my circumstances... and the company wouldn't take back my candles so I had to throw them out!

Oh well.. an expensive lesson to learn.

Edited by: Arcadia27

happymommy
03-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Arcadia27, I've very sorry you had that experience with your sponsor.
It wasn't right of her to make you feel that way. It was not a
professional way to handle your choice to leave. She probably took it
personally, and was lashing out at you.

Everything is a learning experience. You learned something about
yourself in the process - that direct sales isn't for you. It's
definately not for everyone. I'm very shy and don't consider myself a
good sales person at all. I don't cold call and never approach
strangers...The thought actually gives me butterflies! That's why I had
to be careful and choose products that I have a passion for. I am lucky
enough to be able to incorporate them into my main biz (massage). I
don't have to really "sell" this way. My products are visable and
pretty much sell themselves with a little help from me.

With all that said...I can't believe you threw out your candles! You
could've listed them here and someone would've bought them.smileys/smiley19.gif
I just bought a bunch from Kelly. It's great for someone just starting
who doesn't want an entire case at first. Or you could've kept 'em for
yourself. Oh well, I'm sure you had your reasons!

Thank you for your input and for pointing out that everyone should do a
good self-evaluation before embarking on any business adventure. Your
story also shows the importance in choosing a sponsor who'll support
you through thick & thin.

Take care and I wish you much success in your future!

Jennifer

Ameri_Girl
03-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Arcadia is just more or less bashing companies because they didn't work out for her This isn't the only co she left negative onsmileys/smiley5.gif

Arcadia27
03-03-2006, 03:05 PM
AmeriGirl,

First of all, I was not bashing this company. Not once did I say anything bad about the product or the corporate people. Lynn was very professional when I emailed her and asked to cancel my membership. I spoke with Mr. Bob Scocozzo personally and he was very friendly, and helpful. The candles smell wonderful and are a top-notch product!

If you took the time to actually read my previous post, you would notice that I left the company for the following reasons:

1. My schedule did not allow me the time to work a business. I work full-time and go to school at night.

2. I came to the realization that I do not have the necessary skills to work in sales (any type of sales). I do not feel comfortable approaching people I know, much less people I do not know, in order to sell a product (any product, not just candles).

3. I was not fortunate enough to have an existing customer base of people to sell to.

I merely posted my experience here so that people who were considering joining this business, OR any sales organization in general, would see the necessity of being extremely careful as to whom they choose as their sponsor, and that it is critical to possess the necessary skills to work in sales BEFORE joining a sales organization!

Also, I think it is rather poor taste to personally attack me on the board, rather than sending a private message!

Thank you

Ameri_Girl
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I did not mean to attack I was just stating that this was not the only board you was saying didn't work for you so people could see past that maybe this co wasn't all it was made to be.I hope that you find something that works for you & your schedule

And you said nasty things about your sponsor so you personally attacked someone also

Have a good daysmileys/smiley4.gif

beckyf
03-16-2006, 04:48 PM
It took me at least a year before I finally took the plunge!

I stumbled upon Mia Bella candles, liked the looks of everything, but
worried about the monthly shipments--what if I couldn't sell?

Selling candles still intrigued me, but I wanted online ordering for my
customers, so actually signed up with another candle company. I had
hoped for a much stronger smelling candle, and was disappointed, so I
never sold any of these.

In the meantime, I kept receiving e-mails and information from Gail
Wahl. I really appreciated her non-aggressive approach, and just this
week ended up signing under her.

I just got my first package, so we'll see how it goes, but I'm excited at the possibilities I can see, that's for sure.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1