WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Retired jewelry

N2Silver
08-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Silpada Sisters!

Do you wear your favorite retired pieces? My retired jewelry are some of my most treasured pieces and I always seem to want to wear them, like my flower engraved cuff bracelet B1475 and tear drop shaped hammered Sterling Silver disk N1181 retired from the 2007-2008 line. I get comments on them ALL the time and hate to say they are retired but I can't seem to put them away!!! ;)

ralphie
08-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes, I wear my retired pieces.....I know some reps who won't wear anything they can't sell.

SLgirl
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Surely they could be more creative and simply tell the interested person that they have many pieces that are similar or even better than the retired piece they are wearing. What is the point of buying the jewelry if you are not going to wear it? Retired or not. Why not respond with: "Oh, I love this necklace too but unfortunately it has been retired. Why don't you let me show the one that took its place, it is just as beautiful! I would love to share the new pieces with you that are in our new catalog that just debuted. Are you free Tues or Wed this week?: etc etc etc It's not rocket science!

N2Silver
08-16-2009, 08:07 PM
SLGirl ... That's exactly what I say!!! I think that my favorites are such eye catchers and they are going to get people asking about them...maybe, just maybe I will use them as a booking bribe...lol...but most likely not! :D

SLgirl
08-18-2009, 03:00 PM
That could definitely work if they just had to have that particular style!

Lilybear
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone!

I have purchased all of the retired jewerly my Silpada Rep had that I wanted. There are still other pieces I am interested in getting that she didn't have. Does anyone know if there are Silpada reps in the Northern VA area who are having open house sales on retired pieces right now?

Thanks!