WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New to Scentsy

ldbritain
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi all!
I just recently started selling Scentsy, but I'm not having much luck. I am new to the area where I live and I do not know hardly anyone. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get started?? (My sponsor also lives pretty far away) I've talked to the 2 friends I do have here, and one of them already has a consultant and the other one is going to let me do a basket party at her office, so that should help get the ball rolling a little. It's just a bit frustrating trying to get started without having many contacts. I live about 30 miles west of Ft. Worth, Texas (just north of Weatherford) if anyone lives around the area and would be willing to help me, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks so much!

imamomagain
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I have a few consultants in Texas that might be able to help. I know there are others on here.
Welcome to Scentsy! I think it's great that your friend is doing a Basket Party! You never know, you may get some bookings from that.
If you have another set of Basket Testers, take them with you wherever you go! Do you have children who will be starting school soon? That may be another place you could start.
See how much it is to join your local Chamber of Commerce. Maybe see if there are any Womens' Groups in your area.
Keep Catalogs and samples with you at all times! You just never know!
Don't give up yet, You can do this!

MandyLee1980
08-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Welcome!
Have you tried searching for craft shows and smaller vendor events in the area. That is a great way to get your name out there and introduce yourself to your new community. With school just around the corner and the holidays too, there are bound to be churches and schools hosting craft shows! Try doing a google search or try Craigslist in the general, events or arts and crafts section. You can also see if family and friends who live in different areas would be interested in hosting online or catalog/basket parties.
Good Luck to you!

kainsley\
08-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I agree with the other ladies to look for shows & fairs you can participate it. Also, be sure to offer incentives for bookings with the basket party you have. Good luck & welcome to Scentsy!

rdnecgirl
08-19-2009, 04:35 AM
Have you had a launch party? If not, then have those friends invite friends, and so on and so on.
It's a great way for you to meet new people in the area and let them know that you are selling Scentsy!
I hope that your basket party goes well!!

imamomagain
08-19-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm doing a Mystery Hostess Party next weekend. I will give tickets for rsvp'ing, bringing friends, ordering, booking, etc....
I will have the discontinued and current scents/warmers and also introduce the new Fall & Winter catalog. I also put a link to an online event in case people can't come to my home but still want to order. I'm pretty excited about it! Should have a good turn-out of guests!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1