WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Proofreading jobs

lookingforwhatever
08-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I've seen so many spelling and punctuation mistakes in a lot of articles and advertisements - I was wondering if there is any way I could find a job as a proofreader. I do not have any experience or qualifications as a proofreader., but I had worked in positions requiring a lot of writing: I also worked for an author of fiscal policies. I am an avid reader and English spelling, construction, phrasing, punctuation, etc, are mostly my strong points. Would like to try, if I get a chance. I am interested in working online. Thanks. Freeda

mmhwahm
08-05-2009, 05:10 AM
You may want to try a search on the forum for a proofreader. I can't think of any jobs unless you work for a publishing company. HTH

lookingforwhatever
08-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Michelle - thanks. I am looking for proofreading on a freelance basis. Even willing to do it for the min. of wages.. for a start.

nztranscriptionist
08-08-2009, 04:00 AM
I've seen so many spelling and punctuation mistakes in a lot of articles and advertisements - I was wondering if there is any way I could find a job as a proofreader. I do not have any experience or qualifications as a proofreader., but I had worked in positions requiring a lot of writing: I also worked for an author of fiscal policies. I am an avid reader and English spelling, construction, phrasing, punctuation, etc, are mostly my strong points. Would like to try, if I get a chance. I am interested in working online. Thanks. Freeda

:)Hi Freeda, sounds like you have got some experience from what you're saying and obvious skills. There are lots of jobs for proofreading on the freelance sites: odesk.com, guru.com, ifreelance.com, elance.com etc - Just avail all your resources: Google search, Gumtree.com: UK's No. 1 in classifieds - jobs, property, cars and more (http://www.gumtree.com) to place simple ads and search - I got a client through gumtree; craigslist.org and:

proofreading jobs - Google Search (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=proofreading+jobs&meta=&aq=f&oq=&rlz=1W1GZAZ_en-GB)

There's lots of things you can do. I will keep you in mind if I come across anything as I enjoy doing what you do also with my transcription work and proofreading and editing messy websites! Keep in touch!

p.s. I see errors galore on nearly every website I visit and I feel like correcting them!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1