WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Legal Coding Question

KatieJo32
08-01-2009, 01:20 PM
I was curious as to what kind of training you would need to be a legal coder?

Thanks,
Katie

Abhilash Govindan
08-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi.

Hope you are doing well.

Here is your answer

1. The coder should know the typewriting with minimum speed 25-30 wpm. – Basic needs
2. The coder should have good analytical skill and communication skill. – Basic needs.
3. At least needed 15 days training session for theory and practical.

Let me know still if you have any questions or clarification.

I’ll give the training materials and supporting documents.

Thanks,
Abhilash G.

babygirl83
10-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Hello, I also am interested in coding. It seems like you are just categorizing documents or something. Is that correct? What different types of coding are there? Do you have to have training for all of them? I would like the supplies as well.

Thanks in advance.

SanDslnrs
10-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Hello,

Can you please send me the coding information? I am interested in becoming a legal coder.

Thank you,

Sandy

JannieS
11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
It is also possible to learn time and billing with on the job training, which is what I did several years ago. The hardest thing was interpreting attorneys' handwriting! LOL But, really it isn't that difficult to do, just have to find a legal office that will work with you to train you in this function. They usually want high typing speeds and for you to be able to do general office type duties.

You might want to ask up front when seeking employment at attorneys' offices if they use time and billing procedures (this would mean they bill clients by the hour, each attorney preparing a form for services rendered per client) IF time and billing is something you'd like to get into. Computerization may have done away with a lot of these positions, but smaller offices might have a need for these time and billing clerks. HTH!

J

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1