WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Day 5 of the County Fair...

imamomagain
07-04-2009, 07:37 AM
WOW!! Things have been going great at the Fair!! We are having fun! I have one of my recruits helping me and another one helping out today and tomorrow. Scentsy isn't well known around where we live but after this, people will know!!

They are loving everything. It has been rainy weather, so we haven't had big crowds. Today and tomorrow are going to be the best days. The last 2 nights have been busy though despite the rain.

We set out our Basket Tester sets (we have them in cute tote bags) with a note attatched that says "Take me home today to earn Free Scentsy!" There were 7 sets and we have 2 left! Also booking home parties too. As far as buying, people are loving the Plug-ins.

It's a learning process. Everyday we think of something to add or change. It's been so much fun!! The last 2 days I've had to bring the baby with me (my dad had emergency surgery~he's doing well) but that has been great too! Women see that I can "bring my daughter to work" and are commenting on that. She's been so good!

Just wanted to stop in real quick and let you know how things are going! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

christy007
07-04-2009, 08:02 AM
I am so happy for you Lisasmileys/smiley4.gif I definitely will be ordering those basket tester's!! I love the tote bag/note idea!!! You will def have to give me some pointers when your all done with the fair. I'm keeping watch for anything that pops up in my area and if anything does, I'll def need all the advice I can getsmileys/smiley2.gif

taxi22
07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Sounds like fun!! I'm so glad it is going good for you. Some day...I would like to do one (or more!), but not at this time. I don't know when I would fit it in. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif I am starting to plan my fall Scent Event though! I can't wait!! In fact...I am sort of in the mood to warm some Cinnamon Cider....right now...in the middle of summer! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley9.gif Weird huh!?

Let us know how you did after it is all over....

(Did you buy all of your basket testers, or make them?)Edited by: taxi22

imamomagain
07-06-2009, 10:31 AM
We are finally done! It went VERY well! I had 1 helper for the whole week and another one helped us yesterday and Saturday. Both of my recruits booked In-Home parties and had people take their Basket Parties home. I booked a couple and ended up with 1 Basket Party left over which is going out today to a girl that e-mailed me. So all 5 of my Basket Parties are out now! I made all of them. I am going to order more containers when my commission check gets here.
We had a few people who are interested in joining. It was great meeting other vendors and we now have a 4-day Italian Fest we are doing in 2 weeks! It was a very long week but so worth it! I also have enough orders to put in a $500 party this week.

I refuse to have a slow Summer!!! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

I edited to add that everyone LOVED the Bubblegum! We had star-shaped bowls filled with real Bubblegum and our samples. They went fast! We got the most comments on our booth when we warmed Sticky Cinnamon Bun, Bubblegum and Baked Apple Pie. Sangria also got rave reviews. People really wanted Plug-ins and Bars. Sold a few of the larger warmers, but the Plug-ins were the most requested. Edited by: imamomagain

taxi22
07-06-2009, 07:21 PM
That's GREAT!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif Thanks for sharing! Sounds like soooo much fun! Exciting...!!

Search4Silver
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
smileys/smiley32.gif

Bravo Lisa!!! Thanks for updating here on WAHM on the event!
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">

imamomagain
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I was really torn on the idea of doing a drawing. We had PL people right across from us and they were literally going down the line of people waiting to get in the restroom. It was crazy!
My theory is : If people are really interested, they will book, buy or join. I decided not to do a drawing and collect a bunch of names of people who "just wanted something" I am happy we chose to do it this way, we had ALOT of interest and it was great that it was a GENUINE interest.
But that's just the way I do things. I am still getting calls (note I said getting not calling!) from people who saw me there and want to order or book a party. What a difference when you don't have to make those dreaded "sorry you didn't win" calls! I am amazed!!

christy007
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Woohoo!!! Way to go Lisa!! Such a change when you are getting people calling you and not the other way around. That is absolutely AWESOMEsmileys/smiley4.gif And you're right, better to have genuine interest than people only expressing interest because they want something for free smileys/smiley2.gif

wahmse
07-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Congrats on a great event Lisa. You will make Director soon!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1