WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Social Networking sites

mgivens
06-27-2009, 11:35 AM
New to Scentsy, my kit should arrive early next week! I have been looking on Facebook and have seen a lot of Scentsy sites. Does anyone here have one? What special things do you add to it? Also, what can't you put on a social networking site? Thanks!

imamomagain
06-28-2009, 04:08 AM
There was a training call on this subject this past Thursday. (It was offered by the company) Did you get on that call? If not, they sent out some documents that I would be happy to pass on to you if you pm me your e-mail address.
I won't be able to send it out til later tonight. I have a booth that I'm doing.
I am on FB, I don't have a Scentsy page there though. I just basically throw a few things out there to my friends once in a while. Sometimes I'll say My scent of the Day or if I'm doing an event somewhere, I will let everyone know that they can come out and visit me if they are in the area. You don't want to be all business on those sites, kind of mix it up a little. Post the W/SOTM fliers and if you are doing any online parties. As long as you use the approved template library pics and docs, you will be ok!
And welcome to Scentsy!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif Let us know when you get your kit!!

LorettaA
06-28-2009, 04:20 AM
I have a Facebook page but I don't use it to promote Scentsy all the time. I do have my information listed on my profile. I use Twitter more for talking about my Scentsy business.

When you log into your Scentsy workstation look under Business Builders and then policies and procedures. Under section 6.4you will find information on whatwe can and can't do. Scentsy is really very flexible and they have created a lot of social networking tools for us. Scentsy is also on Facebook and Twitter so you can friend/follow them as well.

LAscents
06-28-2009, 05:54 AM
I use social networking to promote Scentsy only 10% of the time. In order for it to be effective you need to build rapports. Otherwise you'll just be viewed as spamming and it won't benefit you and could actually hurt your business.

mgivens
06-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Good to know! I did not get in on that call because I only signed up on Thursday...thanks for your help!

Search4Silver
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
smileys/smiley1.gif

I use blogspot.com; twitter; and facebook. I don't go in there asking people to buy or join...I just post on my favorite scents and products....and then people start asking. I don't recruit either on any of those, but if someone wants to join, I send them the info.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">

wahmse
06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't know how people have time to tweet as much as they do on Twitter. I think some live on that site or live for tweeting.

imamomagain
06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I tried it and I just don't like it as well as FB. I think my last tweet was over 2 weeks ago! Too much for me. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif

LorettaA
06-29-2009, 08:39 PM
I have my blog connected to Twitter so when I post on my blog it sends a clip to my Twitter page. But, I also post some individual tweets. It has to be short so I can go in, type something quick, and be on my way. I'm not on Facebook very often because I get caught up in looking at all the messages and what people are doing.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1