WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New here. Military wife

wahmsuccess
06-16-2009, 01:24 PM
My husband works at St. Maartin in Maryland. Anyone from the south central PA (York) or Baltimore, MD area?

cassandra
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Oooo!!! Me! Me! I live near Gettysburg, about an hour from both York and Baltimore!

My ex is retired Army, I was Army for 6 years long ago, and was Army brat longer ago with a retired Army father. Not in any way with the military anymore, but have been in some way for most of my life (til 6 years ago when my ex retired- I'm almost 39.) http://wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley16.gifEdited by: cassandra

wahmsuccess
06-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi Cassandra,

Great to meet you. How is life without the military now? :) Gettysburg is about 45 mins from me. Do you work outside the home? Have children? Well, I guess if you are on here you have kids. What do you do now?

cassandra
06-22-2009, 05:32 PM
It took some adjusting, let me tell you! The civilian world is totally different from the military world if the military world is your only experience.

I am currently (as of almost 3 months ago) a single mom of 3 (ds-10, dd-8, dd-6). I do courthouse research part-time.

wahmsuccess
06-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok so than the next question would be......how do you enjoy being single. lol

I have been there, where your at now. Three children, single mom, working full time......it's rough.

I am so lucky to have met the man of my dreams. Well he's almost my prince charming. lol We all have our downfalls, don't we?

I have four kids. Not sure if I told you that or not and I can't look back to see the conversation without losing what I am typing now......soooo If it is a repeat, sorry.

courthouse research, interesting line of work. Do you like it? I don't want it to seem like I am trying to push anything at you but are you in any way looking to start your own business from home? If you have ever thought about it but you don't know where to start or how you would go about it, visit my site http://www.1wahmsuccess.com

How are your children holding up with the marriage ending? Mine did well until they were older. My middle child wishes his Dad I were together again. He went through an anger phase and let us know how he felt. When I sat and explained to him what life would be like with his Dad, I think he understood better. The anger seemed to subside. The weird thing was this anger didn't show up for about 4 years afterwards....

I have a busy day tomorrow......tons of work headed my way. Have a great night and make tomorrow even better! Hey if you ever want to write back and forth, here is my private email address. [email protected]

Talk to you soon!

KeishaWilliams
07-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the boards Krista!

nicksmom06
07-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome Krista! I am in WV, but my son is stationed in NJ. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif