WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : C-section next week

Jrsygrl70560
06-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi, allsmileys/smiley1.gif My husband and I are expecting our first and the silly little bugger is breech so I have to have a c-section on June 22nd. I am kind of freaked out since I've never had surgery before and I don't like the idea of being awake for this, but I know women get through it everyday so I guess I can too. I'm also a little nervous about how I'm going to feel when it's all over - is the pain really terrible? Will I be able to take care of the baby when we get home from the hospital? Will I have to wait a really long time before I can exercise again? What about stuff like vacuuming and making dinner - how long before I will be able to do that? If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Thankssmileys/smiley4.gif

satx728
06-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Congratulations on your new baby! Having a C-Section is not as bad as some people will have you believe. You will not feel a thing and you will be able to see and hear your baby as soon as it is delivered. The nurses and doctors that work in Labor & Delivery are experts at making sure you are comfortable and that this is a happy experience.

I was up and walking the next day after my C Section and was able to care for the baby just fine. You will be tired, but that's pretty much to be expected after delivering any baby. The pain is minimal and can usually be managed with Tylenol.

Check with your doctor about how long you should wait before exercising, etc.

Try and relax and enjoy the experience of giving birth. Don't listen to all the horror stories that some people just HAVE to tell.

Good Luck and I hope this helps!

Jrsygrl70560
06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
That definitely does help - thank you! I'm happy to hear that I may be able to get away with taking Tylenol. I had this terrible fear of being drugged up on heavy pain killers which do not agree with me.

You're right - there are some people out there who have a horror story for every occasion and they just can't help but tell you. Thanks for the encouraging words. Every little bit on the positive side helps smileys/smiley1.gif

satx728
06-15-2009, 01:24 PM
You are quite welcome! If you get a chance, let me know how you did!