WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Gift Basket biz

earthlydream
02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Do any of you do gift baskets? I was interested in doing these also for the candles. I'd like to do corporate, realtors & private local clients. Seems like a lucrative area w/our candles. Don't want to get overwhelmed thou. smileys/smiley17.gif

*Bama*
02-18-2006, 07:33 AM
I do gift baskets, later today I will pm you with what kind I do and what I put in them. Getting ready to leave for cheerleading this morning. :)

MelissaT
02-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Frances~ I would love to hear what you do with your baskets, I have been thinking about going that route, could you PM the info also? smileys/smiley1.gif

Thank yousmileys/smiley2.gif

sabpadilla
02-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Frances has some great ideas! She PM'd me too!

I was thinking about a "Home Sweet Home" basket - any ideas as to what
would go in it? I was thinking hot apple pie, but was having
trouble thinking of accessories - I don't really want to go with
kitchen towels or things because colors are such a big deal to people,
and I wouldn't know what a good "neutral" would be. ANyone,
anyone??

cinnamonmomof3
02-20-2006, 11:41 AM
You could do a hot apple pie them, like find one of the gourmet food companies and get a apple pie mix, and maybe a apple cider drink mix. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

*Bama*
02-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Frances has some great ideas! She PM'd me too!
I was thinking about a "Home Sweet Home" basket - any ideas as to what would go in it? I was thinking hot apple pie, but was having trouble thinking of accessories - I don't really want to go with kitchen towels or things because colors are such a big deal to people, and I wouldn't know what a good "neutral" would be. ANyone, anyone??

I would do a mix of some sort for the pieand maybe some kitchen utensils..like the silicon kind. Maybe a spatuala, some mixing spoons, measuring cup something like that.

*Bama*
02-20-2006, 01:54 PM
For those interested, I do an assortment of diff baskets.

I do a Chocolate Lovers Basket, Coffee Lovers Basket, Relax with Wax Basket, a Baby Gift Basket and a Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper Basket.

I have been thinking of a few others. I like the Home Sweet Home Basket Idea.

There's always the Cinnamon Basket, you could do all kinds of different baskets, since we have alot of candles with that scent in them.

Gingerbread Basket, using Gingerbread Jar, some gingerbread boxed cookie mix, some cookie cutters, rolling pin etc. That would def be cute.

Wedding Night Basket: Vic Rose Candle, sparkling cider , 2 glasses, a romantic music cd and a few chocolates..something along that line.

I am sure I will have more to add, I am going to see if I can pics and post of the ones I have already done.

PS. The dollar store has some good filler stuff, and baskets themselves.

Lori Moreno
02-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow!smileys/smiley17.gif

Talk about Mia Bella creative juices flowing!smileys/smiley32.gif

Also, if there is a World Market near you, they have tons of great little items to add to your scent-sational Mia Bella gift baskets.

You may want to also just do an assortment of our votives and/or votive roses!

This "business" is really FUN!

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

earthlydream
02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Great ideas!! I love it!! Hey check out gift basket websites also for other cool ideas! smileys/smiley17.gif smileys/smiley17.gif smileys/smiley17.gif smileys/smiley17.gif I will make some samples & send pics too!

Doreen

*Bama*
02-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Thought I would share a few pics of the baskets I have made. :)

Baby Basket, this one is girly, but you can do either.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Pelletier/MiscandHalloween05011.jpg

Chocolate Basket

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Pelletier/MiscandHalloween05017.jpg

Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper Basket ( I acutally put it in a bag to, but the photo was before)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Pelletier/MiscandHalloween05025.jpg

Coffee Lover Basket

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Pelletier/MiscandHalloween05029.jpg

Relax with Wax Basket

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Pelletier/MiscandHalloween05030.jpgEdited by: BamaSweetScents

SandyMilton
02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Something else which would be nice to add to a gift basket is a little stationary set - in the case of a basket with Fresh Apple, I'd try to find some stationary/envelope packages with the apples on it (of course smileys/smiley36.gif) or if you can't find that one, maybe one with a "homey" kind of picture - white picket fences, garden, etc.

southernbg
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Frances,

I love those baskets! They are very nicely done! smileys/smiley17.gif

Many Blessings,

Natalie

*Bama*
02-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks Natalie! :) I love to do them and had thought about at one time starting a gift basket biz :)

SandyMilton
02-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Those are absolutely gorgeous Frances! I wish I had that kind of talent to put the right things together like that! Maybe some day when I get a little more time I could branch out to baskets to help get those candles out on the market more smileys/smiley2.gif

*Bama*
02-20-2006, 06:27 PM
You are to kind Sandy! Its not really hard at all, then again I have 10 years of merchandising experience, and I love to do crafty things. I need to find pics of my votive roses lol. They are so fun to make too! :)

lovethiscandle
02-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I found that it is easier to get into craft shows if you have baskets and votive flowers along with the jars. It is also fun to put together.

The only hard part I have found is packing them up without squashing them. Does anyone have any tips??

OliviaHyder
02-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks for sharing Frances! You definitely are creative! I am totally not creative, but I appreciate everyone always sharing their ideas with those of us (mainly me smileys/smiley36.gif) that needs help!!

Olivia

Health4Mom
02-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Frances, I didnt know you were so creative!!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

They look awesome, thanks for sharing!!! I might have to steal your ideas!! lol

ok, trade ya days of our lives secrets for these! lol smileys/smiley36.gif

*Bama*
02-21-2006, 09:06 AM
LOL Jen you are too funny! :) I am glad to share ideas with fellow reps! That's what this is about, helping each other out!

I am always looking for new ways to market this awesome business and its products! Really does it get any better?????

Adriel's Mom
02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow, great gift baskets, Frances smileys/smiley32.gif Just one question for you, how much do you sell them for? I have no idea what to sell gift baskets for. I want to make some since Mother's Day is coming up, I have some small gift baskets and I'm going to add a Mia Bella Candle but I have no idea on the price.
Thanks in advance!!

Lori Moreno
02-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Also,

Make sure to check out The Crafter's Corner on your back office has cute ideas including votive roses...

that would be really nice for Mother's Day!smileys/smiley2.gif

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

*Bama*
02-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Wow, great gift baskets, Frances smileys/smiley32.gif Just one question for you, how much do you sell them for? I have no idea what to sell gift baskets for. I want to make some since Mother's Day is coming up, I have some small gift baskets and I'm going to add a Mia Bella Candle but I have no idea on the price.
Thanks in advance!!

Hey girly :) Well lets see, I sell the relax with wax, coffee lovers for $30 to $35, more if its special order. The choc lover, baby basket and the SOCP I charge $40 to $45 and more if its special order. I always tell people if they have an idea for a basket to let me know, and I will come up with a price for them.

Goodluck and don't forget the votive roses, I have pics of those I have made somewhere too. :)

beckyf
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Thank you for the wonderful and creative gift basket ideas.

I have one question though--as strongly scented as the candles are, are
you ever worried that they will "scent" the food items in your baskets?

ezhobby
03-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I can't resist - I need to shamelessly give myself a plug! smileys/smiley2.gif

My personalized chocolate bars are excellent additions to gift baskets. Please take a look at my link below. Remember - I can add names, dates, any personal message. They make great chocolate gift tags you can attach to the outside of the basket. Possibilities are endless.

http://www.cherubs-n-chocolate.com/web/images/SE021.jpg

Yes - that is a chocolate bar wrapper! I add the customizing on the back.

I am looking to put together candle and chocolate gift baskets for bothMother's Day and Father's Day. But WHAT can we put in a gift basket for MEN??

http://www.cherubs-n-chocolate.com/web/images/SE022.jpg

Ideas?

green2win
03-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Wow, Frances....Those are great baskets...

This is toooo freaky.....I was thinking about the idea of making different themes of basket with our candles, and Viola!! Here you are!!! I will be learning a lot from you!!!

Could you give me some idea about making a Mother's basket? I am in a networking group, and we meet once a week. I want to make a Mother's day basket to showcase my Mia Bella business.

Also, what kind of wrapping material you are using? Is it cello bag? I have hard time to use plastic wrapping paper, and do not like shrink wrap---I don't like the idea of using hair dryer....

Thank you for all your help in advance

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1