WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Home and Garden Shows

blingslinger
06-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi ladies!

I'm fairly new to this and am looking into doing a large scale Home and Garden show. The advertising for the show is excellent, the estimated attendance outstanding, and the demographic is made for Silpada ;)
The table fee is a steep $350 for 3 days. My question is, has anyone done a Home and Garden show before and if so, how did you do? I understand that it's dependent on the location and different variables, but I'd just like opinions on your own experiences. Any opinions you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

ralphie
06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I've never done one but that fee seems a little much. I've heard people don't buy much at these events...then again this one could be different. I'm sure you'd at least get alot of contacts. Let us all kow what you decide to do. I'd like to know how you do!

muffy123
06-06-2009, 08:17 AM
I recently did an outside fair/market with my sponsor. The sales were okay, not that great. While we madelots ofcontacts, most of them were not interested once we made the phone calls etc.

Your event could be totally different! Go for it and let us know!