WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Shalom76
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Hello, I have 7 children but only homeschool 4 of them at the time. I am looking into possibly finding a way to make more income. Do any of you who work at home have a large homeschooling family? If so could you let me know what you do? I know it's a long stretch to do both. I'm just looking into it to get some bills paid off, thankfully I don't HAVE to work. I'm open tolistening to anyideas.
Thank you,
Shalom Boles

wsue
06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Shalom,
I don't really know her, but a woman with 10 or so children, who homeschools them all made me a really cool memory bracelet a couple years ago when I had a miscarriage. I've lost 5 in all... at the time it was only 2 babies lost, so she had 2 sets of baby feet, along with all the birthstones of my living children, passed children, and of my husband and myself. I remember that she did a lot of that type of thing to bring in income. She called them bracelet stories. http://braceletstories.com/I'm not suggesting you do the exact same thing obviously! This is just one example of something that another homeschooling mom has done. She found a nitch and ran with it.

I don't have a huge family, despite our best efforts. Just 2 kids at home and they actually just started going to public school in January, but when we were all home together during the year, I made most of my money blogging. Now I'm blogging and doing SendOutCards for a side income. I also do some cake decorating, cross necklaces, and take surveys for Global Test Market (the only survey site I like). It all adds up and I would definitely recommend that approach. Have your hands in several different things. That way when you have a slow month in one area, you can usually compensate in another.

I wish you the best!

~Wendy

AlisonMSmith
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Shalom, we have homeschooled our six kids for going on 16 years now -- and I've had a home business since my oldest was born in 1987. (She's a senior in college now and my second will begin college in the fall.)

Wendy, I'm with you, too. I had six miscarriages along the way. Not fun. :(

Shalom, what are you good at? What do you enjoy? Tell us something about your interests and skills and passion. That will give us a starting point!

AlisonEdited by: BookWhiz.biz

melissa34
07-17-2009, 10:38 PM
I am starting a mobil day spa and the best thing about it is I can work from home as well as help my kids with their education. I can work when I want and this is why I looked into this business. If you would like some more info PM me, I would love to share this with every women out there.

BCMisti
07-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I have a book business with Usborne Books and More. I build my library for my kids that way too. They are very educational, have internet links on the reference books that are maintained by our office and always up to date sites. Let me know if you want more info. [email protected]

empoweredmom
08-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi, I have always homeschooled my kids (now 14 and 9). My mother joined a company and received several checks in 3 short weeks. At the time, I wasn't interested in a business, but I did need help with some energy issues I was having. So I started taking the product and it helped me ALOT. Needless to say, she wanted me to join because she wanted to help with extra income for me and my family. When I joined (she did it for my birthday), I got my FIRST check the FIRST day!
Now, some companies do have products that I think are harder to "sell" to individuals. But this product is wonderful, and it can be sold by doctor offices, chiropractors,health clubs/gyms, health food stores, spas, and much more.

More importantly you need to find something that fits with you and your lifestyle and works for you and your family. Good luck! I know you will find what you're looking for!

craftydelisa
08-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I homeschool 3 children and work from home. I have my own handcrafted jewelry business and I write 3 blogs and articles that also bring in a little money.

tamigurrl
08-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Hi, I understand where you are coming from. I am a homeschool mom of 3 & but a mom of 4. As my girls got older I noticed that I got more time on my hand. Because they knew & understand they school work & without the distraction of their peers they were able to work independently & at their pace. So now I only have the baby that takes up my time, so I went looking for a homebase business that I can work from home. I looked at many opportunities & there is alot. So you need to really look & find the one that best fits you & your family. Anyways, before I keep rambling on...lol...

I found a great company, FOR EVERY HOME & it is a soy candle company that is environmentally safe & supports "BREAST CANCER AWARENESS" 100%.
Located in : Salt Lake City UH
Compensation - 25-35% with other incentives thrown in.
Ground floor opportunity - only 750 reps in the US and Puerto Rico (250 in PR)
Free shipping on all parties over $150.00 and ind.orders of $75.00 or more.

Let me know if this interests you & if not I hope that we can be friends & share homeschooling tips. I wish you the best of luck in your business venture.

For Every Home - Home Is Where Your Story Begins (http://www.foreveryhome.net/tami)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1