WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Anybody done a Fund Raiser show?

doodlebug1
06-02-2009, 10:45 AM
If so, what percentage of the sales go you give to the fund raised organization?

And my thought was to give the check of the percentage to the hostess, with the check made out to the organization. Is that a good idea? Or do you do it differently?

Thanks for your help.

Doodles

ralphie
06-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey Bug,

I've given 100% of my commission minus expenses (I keep the hostess jewelry) and I've given 50% (I keep 1/2 of the jewelry). It just depends if you're willing to donate all your commission. I wouldn't recommend giving 100% all the time but for me, if it's for a good cause, I have no problem doing that.
Always make your check out to the organization no matter if you give it to the hostess or the organization directly.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

muffy123
06-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Doodlebug!

I have done one fundraiser and I gave 20% to the organization and kept the hostess jewelry. I wrote the check out directly to the organization. I think it just depends on how much you want to give the organization/charity. I will probably donate 100% to a charity in November because I am very passionate about it........

I think fundraisers are great - good for you!

doodlebug1
06-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Muffy, I like that about 20%. And you still get the 10% AND the free jewelry. Thanks for giving me a good way to do it that's a win-win.

Doodles, who somehow miraculously just found out she earned $500 in free jewelry smileys/smiley36.gif

ralphie
06-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Congrats Dood!!

doodlebug1
06-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Muffy and Ralphie, instead of starting a new topic, could you help me with this?

Yesterday, I found a report about me on the Silpada site (and I can't find it again because I find that area SO confusing!!!). It listed my CV, SDR Cost, Other and Total. And then there's the PVC.

I'm struggling with all of these. I believe the "CV" is the 70%, correct? Does it mean Commissionable Volume?

And how is that different than the SDR--and what does that stand for?

And the PCV--is that Personal Commissionable Volume? How is that different than the CV?

SO confusing.

Doodles smileys/smiley5.gif