WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SandyMilton
02-16-2006, 07:07 PM
I just thought I would share with my online "business family" here what's been going on with me. As many people get that have outside jobs, it often comes to a point. That point in time where you just scream ENOUGH! Stress has taken over - I don't enjoy much other than my home life and business. It's not a fun place to reach.

No, I've not quit my job, however I have given them a choice - on my terms. After years of hearing how "wonderful" I am and how they'd be "lost" without me,"nobody knows this stuff like you do" and my favorite "if you ever leave, we're going to be in trouble" - we will see how this goes. Either way, I am extremely excited about the outcome!

First choice is to give up my operations position and work at one specific branch that needs a lot of help and I know I could turn them around. They have great management, that I get along with very well, but they are so remote from the rest of the bank, they are extremely busy and there's almost no time for those folks to be properly trained. After nearly 8 years in my position I know how to do everything except run a teller window smileys/smiley36.gif This branch is the money maker of our bank - rich community. It helps fund a large bulk of loans. The best part - with that branch - it closes at 4:30 every day smileys/smiley36.gif

The other choice if the higher-ups decide to nix my branch request, is to leave the business all together. I can financially take the summer off with my kids without worries, and STEAMROLL MY BUSINESS - flea markets, craft fairs, you name it - I will be there. Come fall I may look for a part time job for the "steady" supplemental income (funny how I call a job supplemental income at this point smileys/smiley36.gif) - but will look for a job only if I really need to. My husband makes nice money as long as his work remains steady. When it is, he makes enough to pull in large amounts to horde smileys/smiley36.gif

My husband and I have discussed this in length and he is extremely supportive. I feel so much peace right now, and content with my choice and looking forward to what the future brings no matter what happens!

I'm especially looking forward to living more stress free, either working in a fabulous community in a branch that already burns my candles in their lobby smileys/smiley36.gif - or - turning the page and making a fresh start. If I need another job after the summer,so be it - I have the skills it takes to make it just fine.smileys/smiley17.gif

happybrats3
02-16-2006, 07:11 PM
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get after it and do what gives you peace!!

LOVE IT!!

smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gif

southernbg
02-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi Sandy,

Peace is what is all about about honey! I am excited for you! Keep us updated on how things go!

Many Blessings,

Natalie

lovethiscandle
02-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Good for you!!! smileys/smiley32.gif Good luck! smileys/smiley1.gif

SandyMilton
02-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks ladies smileys/smiley36.gif

I FEEL GOOD!

http://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//cat4.gifhttp://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//calvin2.gif

soycandles4tam
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Good for you Sandy. I hope whatever you feel in your heart that you need, that you get that. Everything usually finds a way of working out so just hang in there and keep us posted. Light those candles and sit back and relax, its all good!
Tammy

happymommy
02-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Good for you. You did your part, now what ever is suppose to happen will happen.smileys/smiley32.gif

*Bama*
02-17-2006, 08:20 AM
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO Sandy! Don't ya just love companies like that! I was working for some like that too..left em, I got tired of it. I love my business and staying home!

christina4733
02-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Good for you Sandy.

I feel the same way with my full time job. I HATE it. I have been thinking the same thing for quite some time. but i think right now is not the time to do it. I will wait a little more time before I quit !!! I also have a per diem position at a hospital that I can use as part time income smileys/smiley17.gif

And work work work this BUSINESSevery possible way. Good luck to you Sandy !!! smileys/smiley10.gif

SandyMilton
02-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh I plan to Christine! I'm scheduling my first open market showing next weekend! This weekend I'm goint to be getting all the odds and ends to just make my display have some "curb appeal" (to steal a term from the real estate market)

Arcadia27
03-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey,

You're lucky you have someone to support you! I'm all by myself (which I guess in a way is good because there's no one to hold me back) but if I was still married then I could quit my job and be able to work the business, and focus on school.

SandyMilton
03-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I do try Arcadia, it's not always peaches and cream - but I do try smileys/smiley1.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1