WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Memorial Day!

Joaness
05-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I hope all remember what today is for.......I am a Navy Mom and am so proud of him. My dad served in WW2 and is buried in Arlington Cemetery and I sure wish I could be to honor him...but do here and in my heart!

Who do you honor today?
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">

Patty Gale
05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Joan, thank you to your son, your dad and thank you Navy mom! I am an Army mom with 2 sons serving, and am also a former Army spouse. My dad served, (before I was born) and my father-in-law also served.

I attended our local Memorial Day services and parade today and created a video as my way to honor those fallen.

It's up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ZC1-yAq1Y

Joaness
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Thank you to all as well Patty! I also had a brother serve in Viet Nam and forgot to include him (he is the black sheep), but today I honor him as well!< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">

Mrs1stSgt
05-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Thank you Joan and Patty, I am a very proud spouse, a military Bratt and have 2 of my nephews that currently serve, the list runs long in our family so I will stop there. We honor those every day. There is not a day that goes by that we do not remember or think about those we have lost or those that are currently serving our country, It is our passion to do what is best for our military families. I know that Patty shares our passsion.
Thank you all for all that you do.
Hugs.
Lisa

KimberlyP
06-04-2009, 07:40 AM
I may be late, but better late than never right? LOL.

EVERYDAY I honor our veterans and fallen soldiers. My brother in law just returned from Iraq 3 weeks ago, and we are so blessed to have him home. I honor the families who will never have their soldier to hold again, as that is every military families worst nightmare. We have lost friends and strangers, andour familiy salutes them today and everyday.