WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

weddingradio
02-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Hello everyone,

Hope that you all had a very happy valentines day. I have decided that I want to join Mia Bella again, because i LOVE the product and the company. I feel that this is the right time for me.

Now on to my question, do you do home parties or fundraisers?

How do you go about booking the parties? Friends/strangers?

Who are you approaching about the fundraisers?

Thank you,

JCEdited by: weddingradio

lovethiscandle
02-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi, JC. I am currently doing both. I think if you do a large Open House to reintroduce your business to your warm market is a great way! Have a free candle drawing and offer a prize if they book a show or fundraiser right away.(don't give them the prize until the day of their show)I just had an open house and it went very well!

Another way to get bookings is to enter a craft fair or booth and again use the free candle drawing to get leads.

Another option is to just make a list of everyone in your warm market and simply call each one and explain that you are getting into Mia Bella again and you would love to help them get some great stuff for free!

Good Luck! Welcome back! smileys/smiley32.gif Feel free to ask more questions.

Edited by: lovethiscandle

southernbg
02-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Hi JC,

I am excited that you have decided to come back to Mia Bella! It really is an awesome company.

I have done a few fundraisers, so I thought I would jump in here! I have contacted preschools and schools here in my area. They seem to be theplaces that are in need of them themost. I simple contact the person in charge of the fundraising andthen set up a timeto drop of a fundraiser packet for them to review.

I have to say that I lovefundraising the most. It is such a win-win for everyone.

Please free to asking all the questions you need~

Many Blessings,

Natalie

OliviaHyder
02-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi JC!

Glad you are making the decision to come back! The products are awesome and alot of times will "speak" for themselves!

I am starting a fundraiser with my Sunday School class in the next couple of weeks. I hope that will help to bring in other fundraisers, but I do plan on approaching schools and other churches about it too.

As far as a home party, I have not had one yet, but have someone who approached me about having one. So, I am excited about that!

I think it would be good to start with friends. Then while your friends are having a party for you, offer an incentive to get their friends to book a party with you!

Do you have children in school? Offer your services there, or do you attend church, offer to do a fundraiser there. Or if you have friends at other churches, be sure to let them know too! Daycares &ball teams are a great place to start as well!

Hope this helps!

Good luck and God Bless!

Olivia

*Bama*
02-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Hello everyone,

Hope that you all had a very happy valentines day. I have decided that I want to join Mia Bella again, because i LOVE the product and the company. I feel that this is the right time for me.

Thank you,

JC

Hey Jc, hope you had a great Vday as well.

I currently am working on getting some home parties started. I put up a flyer at dh's work with the info about it, what they get for hosting etc and how they can earn FREE Candles! I made them where they can tear off the little sheet with my contact info on it. While I haven't gotten any parties booked yet I have sold some candles lol. Go figure, BUT don't ya know when I send them their candle I will include the information again for the home parties. That way once they burn and know how great our products are they will likely want to get them FREE!

I am calling schools next week for fundraisers. To either go in for a meeting to show them the products and the profit chart or to get contact info on who to send the information to. I will be working churches, schools and private orgs.

If you are warm market is actually warm, def work them. I only work on my warm market I know that burns candles. The others is a waste of time for me, not everyone. If you have a friend who will host a party for you, DO IT!

I am part of some local moms groups and am hoping to get them into the candle party fun! I have been to a few of their houses and THEY have candles! I also am going to talk with some ladies at my dd's cheerleading practice/games who are involved with girl scouts. DO you know they only make like .50cents a box! That is insane! No wonder they push and push to sell those cookies. They have to sell thousands to make profit.

I am also going to contact local dance studios, karate, cheerleading teams that are thru the year, ANYONE who needs to make MONEY!

Best wishes hun and if you need anything let me know!

weddingradio
02-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Thank you everyone for responding, you ladies are great.

Frances those are some great ideas. I do not have any kids yet, but do have a younger brother and sister that play in all kinds of sports that cost me much money each year. I was thinking of approaching their teams about doing a fundraiser.

I have some dates of different craft shows in the area that I will sign up for.

Now for the parties, what are you offering as an incentive to the hostess? jars, votives, bella bars, pillars?

Thank you,

JCEdited by: weddingradio

lovethiscandle
02-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi, JC

home show hotess incentives: I am offering a percentage of free merchandise which depends on their sales & bookings. I am changing this every 2 months to keep the suspense up on what the hostess specials will be - it keeps it exciting!

This way they canchoose what theylike.

*Lyndsey*
02-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Hey JC

Im so glad you decided to join again!!! I havent got to having a home party yet because of the move. But I am having two online partys this weekend and I cant wait! Good luck!!!smileys/smiley17.gif

weddingradio
02-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Thank you Lyndsey,

How is the move going?

JC

pookeybearsmom
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
I am focusing alot on fundraisers. I will say that you can get fundraisers form some crazy places that you wouldn't think of unless you really are always promoting your business. One that I am doing right now is for a friend who's daughter is saving for an exchange trip to australia. So, she is going to sell for me. First the candles that I have in stock already that I am trying to get rid ofsmileys/smiley36.gifthan we will take orders for the rest. I wouldnt have thought of it unless I was telling everyone about my business.

As far as home parties go, I used to sell for a home party company and I got alot of people the same way. Just by always being "open for business" I would go to the dr., give the girls my card or catalog or whatever,go to walmart give the cashier my card or a catalog,ect.ect. I also put up flyers on every free board I could and I would also just flat out call people and ask. Alot of people would love to help ya out.

you just have to always be "out there" for example a guy was standing in front of the parsonage of the local church as I was taking a walk today. I said "hey are you the pastor of this church? He said "yes" I said "do you ever do fundraisers?" he said "sometimes" then right there on the sidewalk I made him smell my candles and I got him to take a fundraising packet to give to the fundraising lady at his church. Simple as that. Network marketing for me is fun because I have always been outgoing and so I am always talking to people and I always find a way to work my business into that. I like that this business is all about people. It makes me feel good that people associate me with the candles and they like me and like the product.

So just always be thinking of everywhere you go "how can I use this opportunity, appointment, errand, ect. to promote my business?" if you do that you will be successful. I am new to this company but I used to sell for another company and was successful with that so I think it really works.

*Bama*
02-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Thank you everyone for responding, you ladies are great.

Frances those are some great ideas. I do not have any kids yet, but do have a younger brother and sister that play in all kinds of sports that cost me much money each year. I was thinking of approaching their teams about doing a fundraiser.

I have some dates of different craft shows in the area that I will sign up for.

Now for the parties, what are you offering as an incentive to the hostess? jars, votives, bella bars, pillars?

Thank you,

JC

Here's what I do as incentives for parties. I may change it up a bit here and there, and throw in a bella bar or handwash or bodywash instead of a jar for every 100 in sales. Just depends on how big the party is etc.
*Mini Relax with Wax Basket (for booking)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
*1 - 16oz Jar Candle for every $100.00 in sales
* Personal purchases: receive 15% of the party sales as discount.

If you need anything or would like a copy of the flyer I use to post about the party with tear offs just pm me with your email addy and I will send it tonight. :)

*Lyndsey*
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Everything is going really great! We are moving this weekend to our house. We should be all set up by next weekend. So how did your valentines day go? What did you get?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1