WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

lorah
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Are there any other scrapbooking companies around other than CTMH and Stampin Up? I can't afford to join either of those at the moment. Is Memory Works still around? I know several have closed up shop. Any info would be appreciated.

momstayshome
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I believe Memory Works is still around.
As for Stampin Up -they do have a kit right now that is like 75. Think its honor of it being National Scrapbooking Month.

lorah
05-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Thank you, I'll look into it.

robbieandlauren
05-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I am with Stampin Up. If you have any questions you can let me know. Beyond that, I don't hear much being CTMH, SU and creative memories. I know there are a couple of the digital like cherish bound. I think a lot of the smaller companies have closed like living prints and TLC.Memory works still has a website. They sure have cute stuff! Looks like its $40 to join. Good luck with your search!

robbieandlauren
05-09-2009, 08:47 AM
also AC Bailey designs....? Haven't heard much about it...

http://www.acbaileyltd.com/affiliates/index.php?req=desc&pid=1

lorah
05-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Thank you,
I've been looking for something to do at home since I lost my job in December. Things are getting pretty rough so I thought I needed to step up my search, but funds are really limited right now. Thanks again, I'll look into those.

sustamper
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Lora,

This is what I did to start my Lia Sophia Business. I'm currently a SU hobby Demo too.

1. Talk to your family/friends FIRST and see if they will book aworkshop.
2. Host your own workshop. Let them know that you have a $500 workshop goal so you can get your starter kit for free.You can sign up for $85 this month.
3. . Book at least 6, this will keep you going for awhile. Get the lists in hand and create your own flyers.
4. Whoever you are signing up with, see if she/he can run the workshop and front you the supplies.
5. Send out announcements using evite.com to everyone you know announcing your new business.

I hope this helps. I'm also trying to run stamp camps for this summer. I've set 4 days aside to run some camps and have invited people from my kids school directory. Not sure how well it will work, but we'll see.

If you have other questions, email me.

celmar
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Memory Works is still around.

I have been with them for a couple of years. Although I use it more for my hobby, I am trying to use it more as a source of income. If you'd like more info please contact me.

luvamom
08-18-2009, 06:30 PM
FUNNY!!! I too am a SU! hobby demo and a jewelry rep. I have to say that my AuraStella business pays from my scrapbooking hobby. The SU! comp. plan is really bad, but it is better than Creative Memories. Jewery makes more money for reps and its much easier!!

Lora,

This is what I did to start my Lia Sophia Business. I'm currently a SU hobby Demo too.

1. Talk to your family/friends FIRST and see if they will book aworkshop.
2. Host your own workshop. Let them know that you have a $500 workshop goal so you can get your starter kit for free.You can sign up for $85 this month.
3. . Book at least 6, this will keep you going for awhile. Get the lists in hand and create your own flyers.
4. Whoever you are signing up with, see if she/he can run the workshop and front you the supplies.
5. Send out announcements using evite.com to everyone you know announcing your new business.

I hope this helps. I'm also trying to run stamp camps for this summer. I've set 4 days aside to run some camps and have invited people from my kids school directory. Not sure how well it will work, but we'll see.

If you have other questions, email me.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1