WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New Items For Sale

amccarthy
02-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Does anyone buy huge discounted end of season items and then wait until the next season to sell them on E-bay? Have you had a lot of success?

Kenna
02-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I occassionally buy end of season items and resell the next season. I have had the most luck with Halloween costumes. I am sure there are quite a few people who do this, if you do buy a huge lot you have to make sure you have the storage place.

I am sure a lot of factors play into what will sell next season and it is a gamble. Do you have any items in mind?Edited by: Kenna

amccarthy
02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
I am interested in outerwear. Has anyone else done this?

theauctionchick
02-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Ann Marie,

Buying end of season merchandise is a great way to build up your inventory (and profit) for the next year. Like Kenna mentioned, having the space to store the items you purchase is one of the biggest factors to consider. The second thing to consider is the amount of cash that you will be tying up in that merchandise. If you have the space and can afford to sit on the items until the prime selling season, then in my opinion it's a great idea.

When purchasing clothing, such as outerwear I would stay away from anything super trendy that may not be in fashion in the year to come.If you can stock up on brand name or boutique items though the styles sometimes don't matter as much as the name on the label.The great thing about buying clothing at the end of the season is that you really don't have to hold it all that long, it will be time to sell outerwear again on eBay before you know it!

Good luck with your decision!

Heather

motivated_mom
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
If you are interested in Henna tattoos do let me know

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1