WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fundraising?

cinnamonmomof3
02-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi ladies,
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
I signed up yesterday to do the 3 day walk for breast cancer. I have to raise at least $2200 to walk, I want to raise more. I have until August to do this and I am going to try all sorts of ways. I was thinking of trying to do a fundraiser selling the candles. I would not make any money, but it would help get my candles out there and hopefully raise a good amount of money (every little bit helps). I know we have some documents in the back office and I plan on looking at them, but if you have any tips or ideas for me that would be great.

Thanks
Cinnamon

Lori Moreno
02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi Cinnamon!smileys/smiley17.gif

What a great cause! Way to go Mia Bella HOTTIE!smileys/smiley36.gif

One of my very wonderful friendshad to endure breast cancer last year. She's in her 30's, eats healthy food, exercises, is in a great profession, super happy and wow..... It was awful.

That is wonderful for you to do!

I would also post your question in the Yahoo Groups.

I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. 773-577-1942

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

DeeM
02-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi Cinnamon,

I think you'll be surprised with your fundraiser. There is no reason why you can't make a little profit. Breast cancer research is such a great cause. First I would choose 6-10 scents &amp; place them on the flyer sheet. Begin with neighbors and friends.Let them know you are fundraising for breast cancer. Also approach your local stores and business. Most are willing to support if it's a good cause. Also ask your local food store if you could set up a table for a day to raise $. I know my Giant Eagle always has the boyscouts,MADD and many others.I would sell them for $20.00 that way you can donate $6 per jar to breast cancer and the other $ is your profit. That way your shipping and tax are covered in this cost. If you have any questions feel free to call me or Email me. Best of luck

Remember: Expect and Accept Only the Best.

Dee

michiganmom
02-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Cinnamon! That is great that you signed up for such a great cause! I've actuallybeen looking into the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, is that the same thing as the 3 day? It's not in my area, the nearest one to me is in Chicago, but I've been trying to decide if it's something that I would actually have the time to commit to.

I would definately partner with local businesses, go to any doctors or clinics in the area that specialize in cancer treatment (I think it's called oncology, but not 100% on that), see if any local organizations might be willing to partner with you, etc. You can ask each business that is willing to help to either post flyers in their establishment about the fundraiser, or make a donation, or have their employees get out there and promote the fundraiser, or all of the above. smileys/smiley4.gif That way you've got a whole team besides yourself out there fundraising. Also once you've got some businesses partnered with you, let the newspapers know, I bet they'd do a write up on it.

I wish you much success with your efforts. I am going to look into doing a fundraiser for a local family here in my city. Their 4 year old daughter goes to my son's school and has cancer. I would love to help raise funds to help out the family. It is such a sad thing.

Let us know how things go for you!

Gail

cinnamonmomof3
02-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the ideas. I fell really good about this and I know it will turn out great!

Gail, I looked in to the Avon walk but they did not have one in my state. I do not if it benefits the same foundation but it's only 2 days and 39 miles, I'm not sure how much you have to raise for that one but if you think you have time then go for it. :)

Cinnamon

michiganmom
02-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi Cinnamon,

I checked out your website, very cool! Does everyone who registers for the walk get one of those? I looked into all the different cities the 3 day will be in and there is one in Michigan in August, so I think if I choose to do one it will be that instead of having to travel somewhere. I'm so glad you posted about this, it gave me the opportunity to check into it!

Good luck with your fundraising and let me know how it goes for you!

Gail

cinnamonmomof3
02-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi Gail,
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Yes, everyone that registers get a fundraising page like mine, and you can customize it. Itís great the amount of support they give you, like the website, meetings on how to fundraise (Iím going to one next month) you can join a team, go on training walks, join the message boards, have a mentor and more. There is a registration fee, but that covers all that I mentioned, plus your tent for the 2 nights, food and drink, entertainment and more.smileys/smiley1.gif

Cinnamon

michiganmom
02-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Wow, that sounds great! Too bad we're not in the same city, we could form a team! smileys/smiley4.gif

Gail

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1