WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Votive marketing!

SandyMilton
02-06-2006, 08:18 PM
How many of you give a votive of a different scent to someone that purchasesjar candles from you as a thank you? I've done this for repeat customers. I never expect anything expect to peak their interest in another scent. It's worked in the past with a single extra order here and there, but never as it worked this time!

I stopped by one of our branch offices to do a little banking business (there's no "tellers" at the operations center), and I stopped by the office of one of the ladies there that often buys the jars from me. I brought her in a Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper votive. She already had an order in with me for two French Vanilla (she alternates Fr Van and Clean Cotton), and she told me on the spot to order her a jar of the SO&CP as well.

I delivered her order on Friday. Today her husband came into my office and told me she now has a new favorite scent! Shewants to order three jars of the SO&CP and 5 of the votives (to put in a new votive arrangement she just bought)! Her husband always told me once she bought that first candle that I had a customer for life... he's right!smileys/smiley36.gif

I am amazed the power a simple little votive can have! It can pay off to give out a simple little Thank You to your regulars :)Edited by: dreamakr36

*Bama*
02-06-2006, 08:32 PM
WHohooo love these success stories! Thats sooo awesome Sandy...may start doing that..never occured to me. Thanks for the great tip!smileys/smiley32.gif

lovethiscandle
02-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Sandy, great idea- thanks! I am going to try this for my repeat customers too. Good job! smileys/smiley32.gif

Good choice on the free votive. The Sweet Orange Chili Pepper I cannot keep in stock - The girls at the home show I did last weekend were fighting forthatvotivesmileys/smiley36.gif. After that game several people ordered a jar in that scent.

happymommy
02-06-2006, 08:47 PM
That's awesome! I am going to give a votive to some of my past candle
customers to entice them back. (Some of you know that I was w/ AL
before they closed). I also had a customer who really lost out during
the close down of AL. She had a damaged item I had filed a claim for
(an expensive lantern set), and she never got a replacement. I know she
likes pear, so I'm going to order a Pearberry Jar for her & maybe a
Bella Bar as an "I'm sorry" gift. She had said she would probably never
order from a ds company again, because she felt she got ripped off.
Hopefully, this will make her feel a little better, plus the fact that
I'll have candles on hand, so she won't have to order.

I think a votive for a thank you to repeat customers, or large orders is a great idea!

MiaBellaCandle
02-07-2006, 07:19 AM
That is awesome Sandy! Good for you! smileys/smiley32.gif

I have also done that in the past... given a free (incentive) votive out to my repeat customers and it has also help land some other orders. I think it is so worth it.

Blessings,

christina4733
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Thats great Sandy,

yes I do that. If they buy one or two jar candles. i will also give them one of my favorite votives, or i will see that person and give them a votive to try. Its great because they can really get the idea of the different scents we have to offer and how gourmet they smell !! smileys/smiley17.gif

southernbg
02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Sandy,

That is a wonderful testominal! I love it! I have given free votives away here and there as well but not with the success that you are having with it. Keep up the wonderful work girlie! I am proud of you!

Many Blessings,

Natalie

sarahlei
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Way to go Sandy!

One of my long time and best customers started as with leaving a votive with a tip at a restaurant. You never know! smileys/smiley1.gif

southernbg
02-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh cool Sarah! I need to go each out more!

Many Blessings,

Natalie

delawarelites
02-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Way to go Sandy! I have given a votive or body wash sample to my customers but have never gotten any other orders. Starting last month I took in an Apricot Freesia to the girl at the bank who ordered 6 jars at Christmas. I will also take a Cinn Tea in as well. I told her she could keep it or offer it to her coworkers. Hopefully, it will spark some interest in the other ladies there.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1