WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : College

angelasgiftnook
02-24-2009, 10:28 PM
My kids are 8 and 10 and I will more than likely be homeschooling them after this school year. You ladies have provided tons of great information. It's scared and excited all at the same time about homeschooling.

We live in Texas and I was wondering where I may find a cirriculum to go buy. I need something (if possible) that has some type of schedule containing what subject to teach, etc.

Also, what do we do when it's time for them to graduate. I really want my kids to be able to go to college. Will they need a diploma or a transcript?If they will need a transcript, couldyou explain to me how to keep a transcript? I'm completely lost on this one.

I truly appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank You,
Angela

mrshannigan
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi Angela, there are a lot of books that outline the specifics of this more thoroughly than any message-board response possibly can! Each state has different requirements, and each college admission office has different preferences when it comes to transcripts. If I were you, I'd make friends with people whose homeschooled kids are a little older than yours & learn from their experiences. Plus, I'd invest in those books & learn my state's laws. Here in WA, my daughter is able to do concurrent enrollment, so that she has her 2 yr degree by the time she's 18and can proceed from there. She wants to be a pediatrician:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1