WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : leftover wax

delawarelites
02-05-2006, 10:47 PM
I had some wax left in the bottom of a jar and the wicks wouldn't light anymore. I popped the wax out and put a couple pieces in my tealight tart warmer. I used 1 tealight and the smell was incredible! Then the next night I lit another tealight and the hardened wax melted but I couldn't really smell it. Has anyone ever done this? Does the wax sometimes lose it's scent after it melts and hardens lots of times?

BarbB
02-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Hi Penny:

I can't really answer your question because I use the little bit of wax left at the bottom of the jar for scent samples. I wouldn't think the scent should fade because of how much scent is used to begin with.

Barb

www.CandleSuccessInfo.com (http://www.CandleSuccessInfo.com)

MiaBellaCandle
02-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi ladies! I use the leftover wax in my little crockpot warmer over and over and I never had a problem with it losing the scent. Not sure why the scent couldn't be noticed the next night.. sorry smileys/smiley5.gif

Blessings,

*Lyndsey*
02-06-2006, 07:27 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">I also put my votives in a warmer and after about two days it slowly looses its smell.</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

UNcommonScents
02-06-2006, 07:38 AM
The scent is likely to fade over time, as with any melt-

Keep in mind that unlike when you burn candles, there is no wax
consumption with melts, but the" chemistry process" of converting a solid
into a gas still occurs, and over time, the scent will fade as it is released
and consumed through the process of heating the wax.

Does that make sense, or clear as MUD?! LOL!smileys/smiley36.gif

It depends on how much wax you put in your warmer- usually I use about
1/4 of a votive worth of wax and can get 1-2 tealights worth of *strong*
scent, depending on which fragrance. The cinnamon scents tend to be
the longest-lasting for me.

southernbg
02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi Penny,

I have had this happen to me. I think I was able to burn it for 2-3 uses and then I had to through it out! I could not even make scent samples out of it.

Many Blessings,

Natalie

delawarelites
02-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Thanks everyone! And thanks Kitt for the scientific explanation; I had to read that one twice. smileys/smiley36.gif

I think from now on I will make samples. I've been using some old tealights I had &amp; I certainly don't want to buy any. Especially since we don't have MB ones!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1