WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : reminder

delawarelites
02-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Hello fellow MB burners! Just a quick note to remind you about candle safety. Last night I blew out my cinn tea votive and somehow something flew up into my eye! smileys/smiley5.gif I'm not sure if it was a piece of wick or some wax but OUCH! I'm ok but it's still bothering me some today. From now on, I will use my snuffer!

SandyMilton
02-06-2006, 05:11 AM
Ouch Penny! I hope your eye is doing better today!

emmyj
02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
OUCH!
I have had stuff get in my eye at a bonfire once and MAN that's not a good feeling. smileys/smiley5.gif
Hope you had some visine handy!

But seriously, I hope you're feeling better now.

lovethiscandle
02-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Ouch! I hope it is ok now.Speaking of safety:

A member of my team had a votive holder start on fire this weekend. I suppose anytime you are burning something - even our candles things can go wrong.Never allow a candle to go unattended. Good thing she was in the room when it happened. smileys/smiley5.gif

SandyMilton
02-06-2006, 03:58 PM
The actual holder caught fire?? Wow! What was it made of? Yes I agree, they do have candle warnings for a reason, these kind of things obviously happen and no candle can escape the potential.

Lori Moreno
02-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Penny! smileys/smiley19.gif

YIKES! Hope you're okay!

A woman joined me about 2 months ago who actually burned a house down by accident(with matches)when she was a toddler.

She fell in love with Mia Bella and is just using tart warmers.

Candle Safety is so important for EVERYONE!

Feel better!

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

delawarelites
02-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks everyone for your concern...I am much better now!

Debra, any other info on that votive holder fire?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1