WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Talk about hot sellers!

SandyMilton
02-03-2006, 09:18 PM
I had my husband put the case of candles in the back seat of my car because I had to take in a couple for an order a co-worker placed- but I never take "just a couple" anywhere I go smileys/smiley36.gifand this is why....

I took intwo as well as some votives I keep in my office whenever I show around a new scent that I just got in. As I was making my delivery, another person asked if I had a Mulberry - oddly enough I had a Spiced Mulberry still in the car. Out I go to get that one.

Another person started raving about her candle she still burns - and yet another co-worker asked me what kind I had. I gave her a brochure and let her smell the three types of votives I brought in. The brochure also had a scent sample of the SO&CP in it. She bought a jar of the SO&CP (which I ALWAYS try to keep one of those on me - and it was in the car smileys/smiley36.gif) but she also bought one of the votives I had as well to try it out.

As I was heading back to my office - the co-worker with the initial order needed another candle for his wife as well, so off I go to get another SO&CP smileys/smiley36.gif

This was going on and off all day - and it boiled down to..... I go into work this morning with 12 jars and I come home with 5.

Did I do any "sales"? Nope. Not a one. Did I sell 7 candles just by letting them smell samples and votives? Yep!smileys/smiley36.gif I am still just giggling over today smileys/smiley36.gif Edited by: dreamakr36

homefree
02-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Thats so much fun isnt it!! I just got my cotm today and again I am so pleased!

Sandie

*Bama*
02-03-2006, 09:26 PM
WHOOHOO Sandy, isn't this business wonderful!!!!

homefree
02-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes it is Bama. This might sound corny but I just told my daughter last night that I feel this business is blessed. And in turn I am feeling blessed!

Sandie

SandyMilton
02-03-2006, 09:58 PM
It really IS a lot of fun! I love those face to face sales the best because I love watching their expressions - some I saw today (and I'm sure you've seen these too)

*sniff - eyes open wide "WOW!" or "Holy Cow!" or better yet "OMG" (yes they actually said Oh Em Gee smileys/smiley36.gif)

*sniff - eyes drift shut and they get a comforting grin on their face (often works for food scents smileys/smiley36.gif) - occasionally uttering "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!"

*sniff - *sniiiiiiiifffffffffff - *sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffff - as some else standing by wants to smell it as well and has to pry the votive away from the one holding it smileys/smiley36.gifEdited by: dreamakr36

southernbg
02-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi Sandy,

That is AWESOME! Your sure now how to move them! smileys/smiley2.gif

Many Blessings,

Natalie

lovethiscandle
02-04-2006, 06:55 AM
I love too see their reactions as well. I can't wait to see them fight over votives today! I have a home show and I am going to try that game that I mentioned below. I will let you all know how it works.

iluvsoycandles
02-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Sandy, this is a great testimony as to why a case purchase is not a bad thing!!! It is always great to have stock on hand!!

That not only gives the customer their item right away and they are so excited.......but it is.....

putting immediate CASH in your hand!!!!! cha-ching $$$$$$$$$$$

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smileys/smiley32.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1