WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Help with online advertising!

homefree
02-01-2006, 07:32 AM
I really need your help on this one. I am totally confused!smileys/smiley5.gif I want to advertise my business online of course, andI don't have a clue where to start. I've checked out some places where you click on member sites to get credits for your site and then from thereI don't know what happens..lol..I do know I don't have time to click on sites every 20 seconds in hopes that somebody will visit mine! I bet All of you can relate to that. SO WHAT TO DO? What works for you? I want to build a website and link to my company site and I don't know where to start. Does it sound like I'm overwhelmed? Well I'm thinking I'm not the only one. Please..those of you who have had success with advertising help me and others out. I don't have time or money to waste on failed efforts.smileys/smiley1.gif

Thanks..Sandie

emmyj
02-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Hey Sandie!

I'll tell you what I do.....which may not work for everyone, but it does for me.
I have advertised on the autosurf circuit....with no response. I still surf every day for my $, but I only advertise other surf sites...to get referrals for those.

I do go to other message boards.....If you google WAHM or WAHM message boards, you get pages and pages and pages and pages (!!) of message boards. I have running list which is at oh, about 400 now. ALL are WAHM related and ALL have posts that have women and some men asking "How can I work from home??". Perfect opportunity.

Another thing I do is barter things for banner and button ads at WAHM sites and exchange links with other women I know that have sites...even if the site's theme is totallly unrealated. One of my links is at a cloth diapering site, one is at a country graphics site....you see where I'm going with this?

You could also post at postaroo.com and craigslist.org (or is it .com? I can never remember till I type it in the address bar lol) and usfreeads.com and sites like that. If you google "free advertising" you can get several sites like this....which a LOT of people visit. Some of the sites you'll come accross are pure JUNK, but there are a lot of gems in disguise.

Oh, and the best part of all this.........totally FREE! If you barter for ad space, there is absolutely NO cost!! You could offer some votives or votive roses or even offer to do something for her like promote her site other places or spread the word about one of her contests or vender blenders. AH-HA! Yet another great idea....participate in vender blenders! There might be a minimal cost.....$10 or $15 for your "virtual booth" setup, but it's WELL worth it.

I just started with MB I think on Jan 27, so I haven't really had much response for my MIA BELLA yet......this has just worked with the "other" company I was with before I found you AWESOME girls!

Hope I've helped at least a smidge, Sandie. Let me know if I can do anything else.

:) Emily

*Bama*
02-01-2006, 08:34 AM
That was wonderful advice Emily!! :)

homefree
02-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks so much Emily..thats what I want to hear ..you been out there digging and scratching and your enthusiasm is incredible..I will certainly use some of those resources you mentioned.

emmyj
02-01-2006, 04:17 PM
AWWWW! You guys!! smileys/smiley17.gif
You're gonna make me blush!!!

Yet another reason why I smileys/smiley27.gifmy Mia Bella Family!!!

SandyMilton
02-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Whoa! WTG Emily! Love this advice!

southernbg
02-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi Emily,

Thank you so much for your advise. It will definately come in hand for me really soon. I am looking for new ways in which to build my business.

Many Blessings,

Natalie

emmyj
02-01-2006, 08:48 PM
At first, it takes FOREVER to set up your message board accounts.....activating your email, putting in your avatar, sig line, etc, but it is SO worth it!

I just recommend you getting organized and on a regular posting schedule. I am in no way as involved on other boards as I am here, but I make sure to show up at least 2-4 times a week to say hi and reply to posts.....so my sig line will stay at the top of the board.( I am SO bad. smileys/smiley36.gif)

Another idea is join some yahoo/msn/icq groups. There are SEVERAL stay at home mommy ones that I post to as well....how could I have forgotten that????
I'll keep posting when I remember some more! This dang crazy pregnant brain of mine!!! Oh speaking of which, had my 2nd ultrasound today and saw the baby sucking her thumb. TOO CUTE!!

SandyMilton
02-02-2006, 04:34 AM
awwwwwww how cute!! I love thoseultrasound photos :)

christina4733
02-02-2006, 05:02 AM
What you should also do is go to google or yahoo and type in free website submission.. tons of sites out there that you can advertise on.

Or you can go to google and advertise your scent-sations site through them. Go to the bottom of the google page and click on advertise. You would have to pay for this service.

Also check out www.livedeal.com (http://www.livedeal.com) this is a resonable site to place your ads all over. Or any local news papers in your area. Place an ad. See your response.

This is classifieds for free smileys/smiley1.gif www.classifiedsforfree.com/receiver.php/do/PostAd/f_region/S (http://www.classifiedsforfree.com/receiver.php/do/PostAd/f_region/State) tate

Here is one more for free.. http://www.hits2u.com/confirm.shtml?111141&6awc6 (http://www.hits2u.com/confirm.shtml?111141&6awc6)

Hope this helps. I also created my website through http://www.makeaneasywebsite.com/main/homevery easy to do and its only 20.00 a month. It should be up soon.

Hope this helps..smileys/smiley17.gif

homefree
02-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Emily..thanks so much. So much valuable info. Feel free to email me if you think of or find any new stuff..I appreciate all of it.

Sandie

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1