WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Looking For Some Info

ngarmywife7
01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
My husband is in the Army National Guard and he is not done is AIT yet.
He has hurt is back really bad. e as some pinched nerves and they are saying he may need surgery on his nerves in his back so they will not be pinched anymore. Just wondering if anyone as been through anything like this?
And does anyone know whether they think he will have to leave the Army?
I know with regular back surgery he would have to leave but i am not sure about this.

chrlstoncharmed
01-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I wish I could say for sure, but a good friend of mine is E7 in the Air National Guard and he had the same surgery for pinched nerve (they had to open up his neck) and it did not affect his job (he had to take some time to recover, obviously). So hopefully it will be the same for your husband.

All the best!

Mrs1stSgt
01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
It will depend on what the Doctor thinks. If the Doctor thinks he can go back to regular duty he should be fine but if he is unable to do his military duty they will chapter him out.
Lisa

ngarmywife7
01-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks.... We Are Praying That It Will All Work Out. He Loves What He Does

Andrea