WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Giving yourself maternity leave

bibliophile
01-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I am a few days over my due date and just wanted to talk about maternity leave.

I seriously don't feel like working anymore. I mean if I worked outside of the home I probably would have been off for a few weeks already. I'm thinking of giving myself some maternity leave starting NOW smileys/smiley36.gif

Do you other pregnant WAHMs give yourself maternity leave or do you work right until you're in labor and when do you plan to begin working your business or job again? (two days after giving birth, two weeks, two months, etc.)

I would love to hear from you all!

Lacey-

Carla G
01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
I think thats the best part about working from home. YOU are the judge. Being a few days overdue, its probably best that you start taking it easy. Labor can wipe you out, and if you are tired, its going to be that much harder and emotionally stressful.

Getting back to work can also be your decision, I think going back part time at 4-6 weeks is probably easiest, then going back into things full swing at 12-16 weeks - but I know that not everyone has this financial freedom.

bibliophile
01-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah that's true. I just have a hard time leaving my work alone. I should just put a lock on my office and give my husband the key. Then just ease back into work over the next couple months. Sometimes I forget that I'm my boss if that makes any sense. I feel like I have to work harder than if I was doing a 9-5 just to prove to others (family/friends) that it is possible to have a huge successful business while working from home. I think I'll work on thatsmileys/smiley9.gif Wow nice therapy session. smileys/smiley36.gif