WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Deployment Reunion Ideas

mamaflo007
12-28-2008, 09:33 AM
I am preparing for my husband's return from a deployment. I really want him to know how much we missed him, how proud we are, and how much we support and love him. Any ideas or suggestions of things you have done in the past?

July

Mrs1stSgt
12-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I have found they are sooooo happy to be home that a big reunion with people other then you and the kidsis not necessary. Usually when they come in the FRG has set up a meeting place that is where all the boohoohooing starts. Then when they get home they usually just want to get back to what the remember as being normal. Check with the unit and ACS there is usually (I am using that word alot not knowing what service he is in and nothing about his unit but usually the unit as a reintegration period and some classes to attend.). HTH

mamaflo007
12-29-2008, 09:05 AM
he is Air Force so he went alone since he was assigned to an Army unit. I know he will just want his family at the Airport when we pick him up. I am thinking of what to have him walk into the house with.... I dont plan on having anyone over until he has been home for a week or so. He just got extended a few days so now everything is up in the air again...

busymommyto2
12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Honestly - the only thing my dh wanted to see after deployments was his family. He didn't want big deals made out of it. I always had the girls draw him a welcome home card. Dh's opinion - after working 12-16 hour days six days a week - he just wanted the peace and quiet of being at home with no ringing phone or anyone asking him questions.

The other thing I would do was make a nice meal and stock all his favorite snack foods.

I'm glad your husband is returning home - tell him we here at the WAHM board said thank you.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

lolah
01-27-2009, 04:53 PM
This is an old post, so I am not sure if your husband has come home yet. But, maybe other spouses will use this idea.

This isn't really something to do "for" him, but for your family that you will appreciate later. This company offers free professional photographers that will take pictures of your family during pre-deployment, during deployment (to send to the deployed Soldier), during R&R, or at the Reunion. The last thing you will be thinking about is taking pictures of your special moments and pictures are worth a thousand words. My husband doesn't come home until next fall, but you better bet I will have my appointment made! :)

http://www.oplove.org/

zg04
01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
he is Air Force so he went alone since he was assigned to an Army unit. I know he will just want his family at the Airport when we pick him up. I am thinking of what to have him walk into the house with.... I dont plan on having anyone over until he has been home for a week or so. He just got extended a few days so now everything is up in the air again...

When my husband went, he went alone also, but I wasn't allowed to pick him up, something about him having a military weapon in a civilian vehicle, so his shirt had to go and get him.

My husband also kept getting extended, so I didn't tell the girls when he was coming home (I didn't want to set them up for disappointment), and left them at church while I went home to wait. We did make a big banner in preparation and hung across our front porch...it so happened that the whole neighborhood was outside when he got home (we lived off-base) and they all cheered his arrival--I never told anyone he was gone, they just all saw the sign. Then we went to church, and he surprised the girls, and we had a nice welcome home feast there.