WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

wanthomework
11-26-2008, 07:14 PM
I was just reading this article and wanted to share:

http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/home-garden/articles/archive/50plus/21772

msterra29
11-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Shannon,
Great article! I am so glad that all this info is being brought to light- I am very careful about using products here- but I also think about the damage that has already been done- especially with all of us being grown and we now have a chance to do better with our own families.

I went to the dr the other day andthey pulled my chest x-ray I had from a couple weeks ago. I noticed it had old granulamous disease on there with calcifications! I was like what is that- so I do my own research and it can come from being previously exposed to TB, (which I have had TB tests before and they are negative), fungi, or being exposed to household chemicals. I was like HMMMM....I use to bleach everything- and spray everything. I bleached so much one day I got sick and later that evening I could smell it coming through my skin on my arm!!

Even though there is nothing I can do now from it- I can watch out from here on. We really need to become educated on this and educate others:) Watkins (and Mia Bella- the other company I am with) has outstanding chemical free products and I am so proud to represent companies such as these!

bianca5454
11-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Excellent article Shannon! I know I can feel the effects right awa just by smelling it......my chest will tighten up and I know I have to get away from that environment right away.
Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phthalates Great info on Wikipedia.

I am so glad I am a part of Watkins - it has helped me with my allergies in so many ways.

wanthomework
11-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes, I'm glad that people are becoming more aware of these things. I've always tried to avoid dangerous cleaning products but it wasn't until I was pregnant with my daughter that I started learning about natural health and avoiding these types of chemicals. Most people don't know that these common household products can be so dangerous, especially the things that we are inhaling and putting on our skin, but hopefully now that people are becoming more aware, companies will start making more natural products....like Watkins does smileys/smiley2.gif Edited by: wanthomework

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1