WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

cherishbound176
11-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Just got news that CM filed bankruptcy!! I can't believe it. I'm speechless right now...

For all of you CM consultants I'm so sorry to hear!!!

robbieandlauren
11-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Doesn't look like they are going out of business though. They say that its not going to hurt business or their consultants in any way. I guess we'll see....

brneyeinct
11-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Can you please tell me where you heard this? I would like to know. I purchase all of my scrapbooking thems threw them. Thanks again for the heads up.

cherishbound176
11-20-2008, 12:32 PM
It's all over the internet!! Everywhere....and I know people as well. There's a thread over in Party Plans that has LOTS more info...go check that out.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=625046

EstherL
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I am a former CMC and I received a letter about this - it is true. It sounds like they are planning to "restructure" their debt and try to stay in business. As a former consultant, I can't say I am surprised. I loved the company - I just didn't make any money.

silverstarstyle
01-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I am a current consultant with CM. It actually wasn't Creative Memories that filed, it was Antioch, a parent company.

missyroth
01-14-2009, 09:38 AM
There is some really, really good information about this situation at www.ScrapbookUpdate.com (http://www.ScrapbookUpdate.com) . They have been following the case (very professionally) and have the results from the hearings on their site.

Apparently the bankruptcy plan has been accepted by the courts but former employees are not happy about the stock payment plan...so it looks like that issue will be ongoing.

I am following this story because my SIL is a consultant and I use the products fairly regularly.

cherishbound176
01-14-2009, 09:40 AM
That's what I've been following as well. She's fantastic with the info....i'm still a little worried for consultants.

missyroth
01-14-2009, 09:46 AM
You're where I got that website. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif I thought the ladies over here might find it useful.

gemgirl
01-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Was a former CM consultant, but however no worry it's not the CM line and they are restructuring and IS NOT effecting consultants. I still can say that no OTHER line can come close to the quality of CM. They are dropping the Custom Framing co. They tried to be everything to everyone. While we love it I don't used CM as my one stop shop.

TXFarmGirl
01-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow, that is horrible to hear. I'm glad though that it isn't affecting the consultants!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1