WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My Layla is here!

kalmond
10-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I was put in the hospital last Monday night(Oct. 20th) in the evening. I had to have two rounds of anitbiotics for groupB strep that i had. The following morning the midwife broke my water and uped the pitocin. After 5hours of strong contraction and 4 pushes i had my Layla Nicole at 1:32pm. on Oct. 21st weighing 6lbs. 10oz. and 19"inches long. I will post pics soon. We are doing fine! My only complaint is sore nipples with breastfeeding cause she is a strong feeder. Also my legs are very "heavy" after the epidural. I dont understand why but i know i will be more mobile with time!

cybermommy
10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Kelley CONGRATULATIONS!!! smileys/smiley32.gif smileys/smiley10.gif smileys/smiley31.gif
My legs were the same with the epidural last time,took a week roughly for them to feel 'right' again.

Welcome baby Layla Nicole!!! smileys/smiley10.gif

mchoat
10-30-2008, 04:35 AM
Congrats girl! I'm so hating you right now cuz you only had 5 hours of labor! LOL

And for the nipples, use lanolin. I forget the name of the company since it's in the living room right now. It works wonders since I have an intense sucker as well http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifand I pump too.

Welcome lil Layla!

laprincess31
10-31-2008, 04:31 AM
Congrats on Little Layla!!!

See, I knew you were gonna have your baby and leave me huge, preggo, and all alone!! lol http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

lilmisssunshine
11-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Congrats!!

I haven't been able to come to the forums recently (makes me procrastinate too much...), but I thought I'd check in and see if anyone had their baby yet.

You're not alone laprincess. I'm still with ya. smileys/smiley6.gif I really thought I was going into labor last night, but then it stopped.

Love,
Shannon

laprincess31
11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Congrats!!

I haven't been able to come to the forums recently (makes me procrastinate too much...), but I thought I'd check in and see if anyone had their baby yet.

You're not alone laprincess. I'm still with ya. smileys/smiley6.gif I really thought I was going into labor last night, but then it stopped.

Love,
Shannon

I noticed you have not been around that much. I was beginning to wonder if you had your baby yet.

Glad to know I am not alone!! I can't wait to have this baby!