WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Military hubbys allowed??

Feydakin
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I just wanted to say and thank all of the military wives I've known over the years for accepting a military hubby in to the mix.. Yes, it's a little backwards, but most things in my life are that way so I'm used to it..

2009 marks my wife's 21st year in the USAF/USAFReserves.. She will finally retire as a Lt. Colonel.. Like most families there were tours that incredibly hard, and others that were a blast.. But I just wanted to say that playing this from the guy side it's just as hard on us as it is on you.. Maybe harder because you don't have family riding you for working from home so you can raise the kids as much as men do :)

Mrs1stSgt
10-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Hello and welcome hubby, thank you for all your hard work, and supporting your spouse. You know in this day and time I don't think it is backwards for the hubby to be the supporter of the active duty spouse. I have known and continue to meet some very VERY strong active duty women, DH is currently in the Sgt. Majors acadamy with some STRONG FINE female Sgt. Majors. I am so very proud of all of are men and women.
Lisa

Feydakin
10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
It's sort of funny in our house.. Our daughter is now considering a career in the Army.. She hasn't been terribly successful at college and she really wants to take some time to grow and feels that the army may be just the place for her.. After 20 years in the military how could we not support her if that what she choses to do??