WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Pregnancy and Depression

robbieandlauren
09-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Have any of you ever dealt with depression during pregnancy? I have a scheduled c-section this friday and the closer it gets the more unprepared and depressed I feel about the whole thing. I remember feeling so excited with my other two kids but now I just feel so unready. I've never had postpartum depression before. Hopefully this doesnt' mean I will be suffering with that.

Anyway, just seeing what other people have experienced...

kalmond
10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I am having bouts of depression right now cause I feel like I am ignoring my older children. I can't do much with them cause anything that I do raises my blood pressure and forces me to have to lay down. Not to mention after having 3 successful vaginal deliveries i may have to have this baby by c-section if she doesn't go head down and that alone depresses me! My first child was by c-section cause she was breech and I hate c-sections! The recovery is longer and slower paced. I will have 5 children and I don't have time to be slow paced for weeks!

I hope that the delivery was successful for you and that you are happy!

MamaJennyB
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I was horribly depressed when I was pregnant with DS. They put me on Celexa and, crap, I can't remember the name. Something like Valium. I found I felt better the minute I gave birth. I think I'm not really very good at being pregnant. With my oldest I was a little bit down, but then with my youngest it was really hard.

Oh my gosh, I just went up and saw you've already had him! I hope it went wonderfully.

(Isn't it funny how when you only have kids of one gender you kind of assume all babies are that gender? Or maybe that's just me.)